RSC is signing today - 9th June - He didn't.

Re: RSC is signing today

Neville Kneville said:
Matty said:
Trigger said:
Matty said:
I will be seriously underwhelmed with the signing of RSC, if true. He's had one good season and that's it. Players don't move from Bayern ****** to Blackburn Rovers if they're good enough to be playing for a Champion's League challenging side, which is what we're aiming for.

Strange that the same could be said for players not moving from Real Madrid to Manchester City if they are good enough to be playing Champs league !! where were you playing Robinho !!!
Not the same, not even slightly the same. When Robinho moved from Real Madrid to City we had plans in place to change City from a mediocre club into one of Europe's elite, and we'd got millions upon millions of pounds to back up that plan. When RSC moved from Bayern ****** to Blackburn Rovers he was joining a club whse main aim is/was to preserve their top flight status.

Lucky for him he scored 20 goals & they turned out to be better than Sven's City eh?
One season.

Look again in 18 months time, I reckon City's situation will be a damn sight healthier than Blackburn's.

When we played at Blackburn under Sven, RSC ran rings around Dunnie (who was player of the year that season) and Richards (who everyone in the country seemed to be raving about at the time). City were defensively solid at the time yet RSC took the pi$$. Good in the air, decent pace, great touch and able to run with the ball and beat people. Not your average target man. We need to build a squad that has different options and he alone provides several. Another interesting point is to look at the amount of games both Bellamy and RSC played under Hughes' management and their goalscoring records. I think I'm right in saying the stats for both players are fairly impressive. So maybe, just maybe, he knows how to get the best out of them.

Didsbury Dave said:
sdavros said:
bondsman said:
When united or liverpool win ugly they do it by grinding a result, thats not the same as lumping balls up to a target man and hoping for scraps. Bolton and Wigan are not teams I aspire to be like, its rare that top teams need to win ugly against them, they just outplay them. Tell you what lets get delap on the books him and RSC would get us loads of ugle points. Behave.

santa Cruz is a fantastic player. he gives us another option. he can actually hold the ball up..

In fact I think we will be more equipped to play better football with a guy like santa cruz. We will be more direct sure. We will be ace on the counter.

Just because he is 6 foot odd doesn't mean he can't play ball. He has fantastic first touch and can pick a pass. get your head out of the fucking sand. We will piss on the likes of Bolton and Wigan.

Your using the hypothetical to back up an argument. No one mentioned Delap you fuckwit

There aren't that many who undestand the game on this forum, but you are one of them in my opinion, stavros.

Lots of City fans are just interested in the size of the name, not how the player plays.

It comes from the insecurity and paranoia which is innate in lots of Blues.

They're more bothered about what their red mates will say than whether someone can play.

RSC one type of player we need. Our whole forward line needs reinventing and he would be the first who could hold the ball up and win headers. That brings in the likes of Ireland, SWP and Robinho, bursting from deep.

It's been a massive problem this year. Caceido can't cut it. sorry. It bounces off him.

Agree 100%.

RobbieBrewer said:

"Drogba, Adebayor, Bendtner, Torres. All win loads of headers, all good on the ground. Santa Cruz does that too. Remember Sherringham? In fact how many title winning sides in the last 100 years DON'T have a forward in the squad/team who's good in the air? Or even top 6 sides for that matter?"

Sorry mate but I don't see Adebayor or Torres being asked to do what RSC is apparently being brought to City to do.Totally different jobs.
I'm saying that to bring in a tall player simply because he's "good in the air" and "we don't have one" is yesterdays news.Fat sam tactics.

At the top level-strikers in 2009 need to be all-rounders.Quick,mobile,good finishers and good in the air.
Get that sorted-then give them an accurate supply line-and the rest will take care of itself.

I agree, RobbieBrewer. SO does Hughes - that's why he wants RSC.

BimboBob said:
He's a good target man.Has a good first touch and is something we don't have at the moment.We are crying out for someone like him.
Aren't good target men supposed to have a better than 1 in 4 ratio though?

Didsbury Dave said:
There aren't that many who undestand the game on this forum, but you are one of them in my opinion, stavros.

Lots of City fans are just interested in the size of the name, not how the player plays.

They're more bothered about what their red mates will say than whether someone can play.

RSC one type of player we need. Our whole forward line needs reinventing and he would be the first who could hold the ball up and win headers. That brings in the likes of Ireland, SWP and Robinho, bursting from deep.

It's been a massive problem this year. Caceido can't cut it. sorry. It bounces off him.

Thanks Dave. I've noticed that insecurity amongst Blues alright. It's blatant really. Hughes understands how the premiership works and if we only signed RSC and Barry , with last seasons signings getting a proper pre season and players recovering from injury I can see us getting top 6.

It's up to Hughes now to see what we can supplement that with, a few more defensive options and we should be sorted. If we remain injury free and have a rub of the green I can see us having a right crack off Arsenal's spot.

sdavros said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Thanks Dave. I've noticed that insecurity amongst Blues alright. It's blatant really. Hughes understands how the premiership works and if we only signed RSC and Barry , with last seasons signings getting a proper pre season and players recovering from injury I can see us getting top 6.

It's up to Hughes now to see what we can supplement that with, a few more defensive options and we should be sorted. If we remain injury free and have a rub of the green I can see us having a right crack off Arsenal's spot.

Thats the point! we won't remain injury free between them Bellamy/RSC will miss at least 30 games

sdavros said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I agree that RSC will be a good option in a team that can give him a good supply, but do you not think that you're setting your sights quite low there? RSC, Barry and a few more defensive options? We've got 100 million + to spend! Elano is going to go so we're going to get at least one more attacker than that, I'm still praying for Tevez.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
BimboBob said:
He's a good target man.Has a good first touch and is something we don't have at the moment.We are crying out for someone like him.
Aren't good target men supposed to have a better than 1 in 4 ratio though?

i dont get that ratio crap, the guy could score 3 goals in one game and not get another for 4 games that might win you only 1 game? his a big guy and proven he can score goals in the league when he is fit so why not, imo

sdavros said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Where I've noticed a lot of insecurity is from those that believe that their opinion is the sensible and correct one, and anyone who thinks differently is somehow deluded or lacks knowledge about the sport.

It's as if they're not really capable or confident discussing or debating the issue, much easier just to put down or belittle the person or persons with the opposing view.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.