RSC is signing today - 9th June - He didn't.

Re: RSC is signing today

swede140 said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
BimboBob said:
He's a good target man.Has a good first touch and is something we don't have at the moment.We are crying out for someone like him.
Aren't good target men supposed to have a better than 1 in 4 ratio though?

i dont get that ratio crap, the guy could score 3 goals in one game and not get another for 4 games that might win you only 1 game? his a big guy and proven he can score goals in the league when he is fit so why not, imo
I think to PROVE you can score goals in the league you have to do it for more than 1 season, otherwise you are unproven, for example has Zaki proven he can score goals in the Prem League?

moomba said:
sdavros said:
Didsbury Dave said:
There aren't that many who undestand the game on this forum, but you are one of them in my opinion, stavros.

Lots of City fans are just interested in the size of the name, not how the player plays.

It comes from the insecurity and paranoia which is innate in lots of Blues.

They're more bothered about what their red mates will say than whether someone can play.

Where I've noticed a lot of insecurity is from those that believe that their opinion is the sensible and correct one, and anyone who thinks differently is somehow deluded or lacks knowledge about the sport.

It's as if they're not really capable or confident discussing or debating the issue, much easier just to put down or belittle the person or persons with the opposing view.

Like you're doing now?

I would guess that some of the negativity regarding Santa Cruz would be greatly reduced if we had already signed Tevez and Eto'o or similar. Hopefully that may still happen and let's not forget we haven't signed RSC yet.

Hughes is under some pressure and will want to bring in players that he knows can make an immediate impact. What if he signs Eto'o/Ahuerro/Dzeko and they don't settle immediately?

Hughes doesn't have much time to play with and so he'll want to make sure he has a spine of solid, premiership proven players before going for any riskier signings. Well it might not be as exciting, it is understandable given his circumstances.

Last season we didn't have the opportunity to vary our style of play when things weren't going well and I think RSC would give us that option from the bench. He stayed at Bayern for a number of seasons without being a regular, so hopefully he would be content with a similar role at City and play 2nd fiddle to a more exotic signing or fill in until that player is up to speed.

It's a squad game and he would give us some different options. A good signing if it happens but I hope he won't be the only striker added this window.

RSC is a capable player, though his record suggests he wont be an answer to our goalscorring problems. We need someone who primary strength is scoring goals. Henry would be my pick.

Neville Kneville said:
Like you're doing now?

I've not questioned the opinion of anyone who thinks RSC would be a good signing or a bad signing.

ono said:
Teavee75 said:
RSC is a capable player, though his record suggests he wont be an answer to our goalscorring problems. We need someone who primary strength is scoring goals. Henry would be my pick.
I don't think we have a goal-scoring problem.

we do away from home and under the cosh ....... that the reason we only won 2 away games all season

moomba said:
sdavros said:
Didsbury Dave said:
There aren't that many who undestand the game on this forum, but you are one of them in my opinion, stavros.

Lots of City fans are just interested in the size of the name, not how the player plays.

It comes from the insecurity and paranoia which is innate in lots of Blues.

They're more bothered about what their red mates will say than whether someone can play.

Where I've noticed a lot of insecurity is from those that believe that their opinion is the sensible and correct one, and anyone who thinks differently is somehow deluded or lacks knowledge about the sport.

It's as if they're not really capable or confident discussing or debating the issue, much easier just to put down or belittle the person or persons with the opposing view.

So you wouldn't agree that there's loads of blues who are fixated by the star names being thrown around on these boards?
Look at the rection to the Ajay threads about the imminent arrival of such and such a player and the place goes beserk.
I personally think a lot of it is to do with a younger demographic on this board, easily excited by tabloid rumour and blatant wind ups.

For what it's worth in relation to Santa Cruz, we do need that type of player and if the rumours are true that he may be on his way, his fitness would have to be an issue.

Agreed

We don't have a defensive problem, we will be signing Etoo and Tevez

I've been assured

07-minister.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.