Ruining Football Since 2008 Flag Trouble?

liamctid said:
Skashion said:
Where on Facebook do you read this? The person's profile?

Yep, I know him.

-- Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:56 am --

Eccles Blue said:
Sorry LiamCTID, didn't mean to imply that you were but we all know about Chinese whispers. Just wanted to cover my bases!! You know, rather like the "it is alleged" items of news so that the person conveying the news doesn't get sued if it is wrong. Sorry mate. :-)

haha no probs mate, he updated his status on facebook during the first half saying he'd been kicked out!

Glad my facts were right as i didnt intend on a witch hunt against the club, but my opinion is that the club/stewards have made a huge fuck up on this.

C'mon City, sort it out.

Liam, is he getting his season card back? Or is he banned? Is there more to the story of why he got put out of the ground? I.e. Abusive behaviour, drunk etc or is it just cos of the flag?

Ricster said:
Wheelsy said:
So let's just wait to hear from someone that was before launching into a tirade against the club.

It came from someone who was there.

I was there and I know the lad on the left he's a mate of mine and I use to work with him I spoke to him and he said that he saw the stewards take it down so he went over to ask what they were doing, they said that he's not allowed his flag up WITHOUT reason and then kicked my mate out and took his season card off him now he has been told he needs to get in touch with the head of security.

Personally if you ask me all this over a harmless flag is beyond a joke.

I sit south stand level 1 disabled area. The stewards gather behind me. A bloke from MCTV came up to them, told them who he was and pointed out the banner, saying "looks like someone does not like us"
The stewards then radioed through to control and arranged for the banner to be removed and for anyone claiming to own it to be ejected. They were in deep discussion for the rest of the game of why someone would pay to get in the ground and slag us off, so clearly did not get the joke... I heared confirmation over the radio that the owner had been located, but did not hear if he lost his ticket

Should be taken down imo.

And I'm no 'yes' man for certain areas of the club.

For all the people claiming it is 'a joke', well it isn't. Or at least isn't just that.

A joke is something that you don't really believe.

The trouble is, there are plenty of City fans who hold this persecution complex that the world hates us and we are always being picked on. And this flag is a response to that.

The way I see it, and no doubt the club do to, is that it is a sign that might as well say, "look at our snide little persecution complex, everyone hates us, it's not fair, this really bothers me, well fuck you, we've got all the money so nah, nah, nah, nah."

It's classless.

The last thing the club wants is to be seen as being supportive of a persuction complex or the "we don't give a shit about everyone else, cos we've got money" attitude that it suggests.

Now, I know the above will be accused of talking shite, thinking about it too much or reading into it something that isn't there, but I would have my mortgage on this being the thinking behind the club's decision and I agree completely with it.

It's nothing to do with having or not having a sense of humour, cos it is only 'funny' if you are ridiculously wound up (and even more ridiculously, surprised) by the entirely predictable (possibly valid) attitude of many critics in the press and have therefore developed a persecution complex.

Don't agree at all with any rumoured bannings or taking of tickets though

Try putting a question mark on it.
"Killing Football Since 2008?" would have looked ironic after dismantling "Britain's best club" on Monday Night. Then when we do win something, we can have a banner next to it replying "Not Killing It, just changing it for the better".

JohnMaddocksAxe said:

For all the people claiming it is 'a joke', well it isn't. Or at least isn't just that.

The trouble is, there are plenty of City fans who hold this persecution complex that the world hates us and we are always being picked on. And this flag is a response to that.

The way I see it, and no doubt the club do to, is that it is a sign that might as well say, "look at our snide little persecution complex, everyone hates us, it's not fair, this really bothers me, well fuck you, we've got all the money so nah, nah, nah, nah."

It's classless.

The last thing the club wants is to be seen as being supportive of a persuction complex or the "we don't give a shit about everyone else, cos we've got money" attitude that it suggests.

Now, I know the above will be accused of talking shite, thinking about it too much or reading into it something that isn't there, but I would have my mortgage on this being the thinking behind the club's decision and I agree completely with it.

It's nothing to do with having or not having a sense of humour, cos it is only 'funny' if you are ridiculously wound up (and even more ridiculously, surprised) by the entirely predictable (possibly valid) attitude of many critics in the press and have therefore developed a persecution complex.

Your looking way to much into it mate. The reason of the flags purpose was to indicate how stupid people look when saying we're killing football because of our money hence the 2008 on the end to indicate that football was already killed by money years ago before we started spending

JohnMaddocksAxe said:

It's classless.

If the post above yours is correct JMA, you are creditting the Powers That Be at City with 1000 times more intelligence than they actually have.

Yes, it seems you are reading too much into it.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:

It's classless.

I agree with this completely, and think your analysis is spot on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.