Running thread

Will be my 500th day in a row running on 14th May - thinking of doing a Marathon distance

if anyone interested - £5 entry - closest guess of my Strava finishing time on 26.2 miles wins £50 - all the rest of proceeds will go to the NHS, hoping to get 49 entries.

inbox me your email address and i'll send you the form with all the details.

Great post.
What was the hip tear btw?
I had (have as I’m pretty sure it can never heal as it’s cartilage) a labral tear (injected dye into my hip joint before going for a MRI scan). Conflicting advice but I think the latest evidence suggests running should help rather than hinder. Also told to strengthen the core which is why I joined the gym last year and got a program together. Also started yoga & Pilates. Hugely significant outcome from all that.
Running took a hit but I’ve reinstated that during the lockdown.

Cheers. On the hip injury, I dismounted a cycle and felt and incredible pain in the soft area between hip bone and femur. Did all the usual like ice, painkillers rest, but it kept hurting and causing me to limp. When I pressed in the soft area between hip and femur I could feel pain in a dead tiny area and quite far in (Iliofemoral area shown here). I thought it was a trapped nerve. It slowly got better, but never quite healed so I went to the docs after 4-5 months or getting fed up with it. They fixed it within 3 physio sessions - and summised that a tear in the muscle that travels arounds to the glutes had torn. Built up the strength and back to normal.

Don’t normally buy running shoes without trying them but needs must. Went for a pair of Nike Wild Pack Pegasus 2’s after reading some decent reviews.

Anyone had any experience with them?

Found I needed a half size up from usual but doesn’t mean it will be the case for you.

Comfortable and durable, I used them for parkruns and a couple other bits for well over a year.

Don’t normally buy running shoes without trying them but needs must. Went for a pair of Nike Wild Pack Pegasus 2’s after reading some decent reviews.

Anyone had any experience with them?

Any Pegasus are great imho. My wife runs in 34's, I run in 35's and the turbo is essentially a 35 with the newer cushioning/lighter material from what I've read. One tip though if you have the white sole, put this stuff on it before you use:

If you get mud on them, use a microfibre cloth after the run and they'll sparkle.

Any Pegasus are great imho. My wife runs in 34's, I run in 35's and the turbo is essentially a 35 with the newer cushioning/lighter material from what I've read. One tip though if you have the white sole, put this stuff on it before you use:

If you get mud on them, use a microfibre cloth after the run and they'll sparkle.

Thanks bud. Don’t get too much mud round these parts but I’ll still scotchguard them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.