Running thread

I run and play 6 a side every week. Massive difference when playing footy, the twisting and turning is really hard on lots of parts of the legs that just don’t get used when running. I find it takes about 3 games of footy before the body has adjusted to the intensity of it.
Thanks, so perserve a bit more and see where it leads eh?

5 a side Monday and then 3k last night - 19 minutes. No beer again since Monday night.

Have been running 16 months now. Started off doing the Couch to 5k app, and it quickly escalated from there. Although was amazed I made it that far, as I used to hate running with a passion.
Been training for the Yorkshire Marathon (my first marathon) for 19 weeks now. Got 3 weeks left to go.
Got a 32k run coming up this weekend and then its taper time. Any other Blues running it?

Have been running 16 months now. Started off doing the Couch to 5k app, and it quickly escalated from there. Although was amazed I made it that far, as I used to hate running with a passion.
Been training for the Yorkshire Marathon (my first marathon) for 19 weeks now. Got 3 weeks left to go.
Got a 32k run coming up this weekend and then its taper time. Any other Blues running it?

wow. impressive mate and well done!
i did a Marathon couple years ago, can't describe what a wonderful experience it is, although i hit the wall around 21 miles and was really upset by that - took me a while to appreciate what i had done though and completing a marathon is something to be proud of.
Good luck!

wow. impressive mate and well done!
i did a Marathon couple years ago, can't describe what a wonderful experience it is, although i hit the wall around 21 miles and was really upset by that - took me a while to appreciate what i had done though and completing a marathon is something to be proud of.
Good luck!

Thank you. I'm worried about hitting the dreaded Wall, but been advised to take isotonic gels every 5 miles and top up on water when needed.
Gonna use the 32K run to gauge if I'm likely to hit it or not. Well done to you too!! Am quickly learning that a marathon is a very impressive achievement, indeed.
Massive step up from a half marathon. Cant wait to cross that finish line :-)

Thank you. I'm worried about hitting the dreaded Wall, but been advised to take isotonic gels every 5 miles and top up on water when needed.
Gonna use the 32K run to gauge if I'm likely to hit it or not. Well done to you too!! Am quickly learning that a marathon is a very impressive achievement, indeed.

yeh, i pretty much did a water stop every few miles, a bit less on the gel packs as could play with your tummy a bit, ate some haribo aswell every now and then.

Have been easing the gels in gradually over my long runs and should be ok with 4-5.
Next problem is, to make sure I dont take off like shit off a shiny shovel, as I've a tendency to do that.
Did a 30k run a few weeks back and came in at 2h 52m but was on the point of exhaustion by the time I'd finished, so definitely need to pace myself better.

I’d avoid the gels until half way mate if not longer, can give you the shits. They recommend every 20 minutes or so don’t they? I only ever use a couple max. My advice is drink plenty of water beforehand then top up if thirsty, it’s too easy to over hydrate. Good video about that below

Good luck anyway mate, only done 1 marathon myself, hit wall around 19 miles and was a slog for 4/5 miles until I could see finish we spurred me on. Best advice is don’t go and watch city lose to the rags the day before and drink half dozen pints of Guinness......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.