Running thread

Ran till I couldn't run anymore this morning after doing so many 10ks I need a testing run. Got up to 13k which is a new distance for me over a new route. When I stopped I needed two mins rest at a bus stop lol. (I'm 40 btw).. Think it was just over 80 mins moving time. The 1k walk home was sore on the old hips. Felt like that marathon runners who are completely f**ked. But really enjoyed that.

Doing really well here. Calf issue seems to be better. Ive been running on grass. The park nearby has a football pitch, rugby pitch and cricket square in the middle and me and the dog have been doing 10 laps of that just to break it back in and get the legs back. Did Monday, Wednesday, Saturday and today. No idea what the distance is but its a good steady sweat and Ive enjoyed it

I follow a plan to a certain degree and use goandrace.com. You can put in your target time and date of race and will give you a really varied plan, including slow runs, tempos, intervals etc. Doesn’t say on what surface but I’ve done a variety of road, trail and even treadmill when the temp has been too hot outside as the gym is supposedly ai conditioned.
I've just had a look at goandrace.com because I'm putting together my marathon training plan for December. I did my one and only marathon two years ago without much of a plan and might as well have crawled the last 12km (finished in 4 hours 14 minutes). I'm wanting to prepare properly this time round and thinking 3h30 - 3h45.

Looking at the plan it gives, the slow runs are showing as 5:05/km and long runs 5:15/km. That seems pretty fast considering my target time would be 5:00/km.

@Stuuuuuu and @gaz76, any advice you can give for the longer/slower days? My HM pb is 1h38.

Cheers

I've just had a look at goandrace.com because I'm putting together my marathon training plan for December. I did my one and only marathon two years ago without much of a plan and might as well have crawled the last 12km (finished in 4 hours 14 minutes). I'm wanting to prepare properly this time round and thinking 3h30 - 3h45.

Looking at the plan it gives, the slow runs are showing as 5:05/km and long runs 5:15/km. That seems pretty fast considering my target time would be 5:00/km.

@Stuuuuuu and @gaz76, any advice you can give for the longer/slower days? My HM pb is 1h38.

Cheers
I agree that those training times seem fast relative to the target time. My best marathon pace was about 4.30/km with long run training pace about the same as yours of roughly 5.00/km. So at least 30 seconds per km slower. Maybe you can relate to this or find it useful?

Cheers
Sorry mate think @Stuuuuuu is your man for this kind of thing, I struggle with the slow run/tempo training. Im more in the consistent upping of weekly mileage camp.

I agree that those training times seem fast relative to the target time. My best marathon pace was about 4.30/km with long run training pace about the same as yours of roughly 5.00/km. So at least 30 seconds per km slower. Maybe you can relate to this or find it useful?
Thanks mate. I was thinking 5:30 to 5:45 so will stick to that and see how I get on. I'm not sure I'll be able to slow it down quite so much to begin with but I'm sure my legs will appreciate it the further I get into the 16 week plan.

Cracking time for your best marathon by the way!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.