Running thread

ran 8 miles saturday ready for my half marathon in sept.

I definitely slowed down when i stopped for a water at a temp cafe on the path i was running along.

Seemed to run slower afterwards.
Did you actually run slower though? What did your times say? Having the water could have cooled and rehydrated you and made the running seem easier?
Either that or you were just slower!!

Anyone else go back to parkrun on Saturday?
Just wondered how everyone found the arrangements and whether it was much different, and if the numbers were bigger/smaller than pre-lockdown.
I’d got a sense of a lot of people taking up running over last 18 months, and I’d expect that to translate to things like parkrun- that’s if people have kept it up…

Did you actually run slower though? What did your times say? Having the water could have cooled and rehydrated you and made the running seem easier?
Either that or you were just slower!!

I just felt heavier going back into the rhythm of running after i stopped for a few mins in the queue to get a drink.

Like if i'd of just carried on and not stopped I would of been ok.

Did the 8 miles in 1 hour 19, take off a few mins for the water break and potentially be close to the under 2 hour HM target i have

Anyone else go back to parkrun on Saturday?
Just wondered how everyone found the arrangements and whether it was much different, and if the numbers were bigger/smaller than pre-lockdown.
I’d got a sense of a lot of people taking up running over last 18 months, and I’d expect that to translate to things like parkrun- that’s if people have kept it up…

I did Burnage. At the time I thought it had the most runners I could remember seeing at one of their parkruns. I checked the website results page and it wasn’t at all. I think it just felt a lot seeing that many runners together again. I think numbers are down vs pre lockdown at many parkruns.

Apart from that it wasn’t much different, but they had changed the course slightly.

I did Burnage. At the time I thought it had the most runners I could remember seeing at one of their parkruns. I checked the website results page and it wasn’t at all. I think it just felt a lot seeing that many runners together again. I think numbers are down vs pre lockdown at many parkruns.

Apart from that it wasn’t much different, but they had changed the course slightly.
Cheers for that. Yeah, I’ve picked up on a few altering their starts to allow a wider area to gather.

Been and had a look at some stats for a few from Saturday since my earlier post, and I you’re right, not as much evidence of a ‘lockdown bounce’ as I thought there might be. Maybe I just saw a lot out running in the first lockdown last year, and they haven’t kept it up. There was certainly plenty of pre publicity about the return last Saturday, so I’m not sure that it was a question of people not knowing about it.
Anyway, I enjoyed getting back to it - gives me a focus every weekend … and cuts down any drinking to a Saturday night only ;-)

Ran around Derwentwater before breakfast today. 15km, and stunning scenery.

I'm spending the rest of the day relaxing and being spoiled by my family, on my 60th birthday.
15km on your 60th? Fabulous stuff, and many congratulations. I hope I can manage that when the time comes too.
Enjoy your day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.