Running thread

Most of my training is Z2/3 I usually train 7 days a week so say 6/7, i did used to go hell for leather on say 5/7 but I'm getting better results with less now.
Same as anything though you have to be patient with it, it takes years to build up a decent endurance base and the changes won't happen over night
Thanks gaz.

Isabel Trail Parkrun in Stafford completed this morning in 29:34.
I've been doing Parkruns for a year now so what have I achieved? I'm 11 minutes faster than when I first started, I haven't lost any weight, but built a bit of muscle in my legs, I've built up the mental strength to carry on running when my body is telling me to stop, and most importantly, I really enjoy it.

Isabel Trail Parkrun in Stafford completed this morning in 29:34.
I've been doing Parkruns for a year now so what have I achieved? I'm 11 minutes faster than when I first started, I haven't lost any weight, but built a bit of muscle in my legs, I've built up the mental strength to carry on running when my body is telling me to stop, and most importantly, I really enjoy it.
Fantastic results mate

On holiday and did Bideford Parkrun in 29:26, coming in 54th out of 99 runners. I came second in my age category. I'm delighted with that. It's about 2 minutes faster than a couple of weeks ago.

I've a bad back at the moment. It's ok whilst running, but I pay for it for the rest of the day.

Looking for a bit of advice,I am 61,did 30 minutes light run yesterday in preparation for next Sundays Manchester great run,but calves are quite painful since the run and slightly worried how long this pain will last ,has anyone got any similar situation in the past ?

Looking for a bit of advice,I am 61,did 30 minutes light run yesterday in preparation for next Sundays Manchester great run,but calves are quite painful since the run and slightly worried how long this pain will last ,has anyone got any similar situation in the past ?
Use electrolytes now that it's warmer (electrolyte tablets in your water, or use a sports drink like Lucozade Sport).

Dynamic stretches before your run (not static stretches through).

Static stretches - but away from the run (i.e. run in the morning and stretch in the afternoon or vice-versa).

Make sure you fuel properly - get enough carbs in your diet.

Also, are your trainers in good condition? Are they the right ones for you (i.e. did you have a gait analysis before buying them?)?

Sorry @gaz but Epsom salts don't have any evidence in support of them (except a falsified study by a relative of one of the big manufacturers!).

Use electrolytes now that it's warmer (electrolyte tablets in your water, or use a sports drink like Lucozade Sport).

Dynamic stretches before your run (not static stretches through).

Static stretches - but away from the run (i.e. run in the morning and stretch in the afternoon or vice-versa).

Make sure you fuel properly - get enough carbs in your diet.

Also, are your trainers in good condition? Are they the right ones for you (i.e. did you have a gait analysis before buying them?)?

Sorry @gaz but Epsom salts don't have any evidence in support of them (except a falsified study by a relative of one of the big manufacturers!).
Shouldn't you be in the cycling thread? Are you telling me all them epsom salt baths have been a waste of time?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.