Running thread

Not in a position to do a Parkrun tomorrow as I'll be on the road en route to Wembley.
However, to compensate, I ran the Isabel Trail Parkrun course this morning. Had the advantage of being able to do it early before the temperature warmed up.
Seemed to do it in the same time as in Parkrun conditions. I guess the advantage was there was no congestion at the start, but I think my performance suffered by not having any interaction with marshalls & other runners, so in my head it seemed to take longer.

Reactions: ob
Not ran for month as was doing walking challenge for prostate cancer in May. Ran 2 miles other day nearly killed me in that heat. Strava says fitness now sh!t compared to months ago. Slow and steady building it back up me thinks

Got back into running at the start of May having had 6 months off, just couldn't be arsed in the shit weather.

I've entered Chester Marathon in October to give myself a bit of a goal. Fitness has taken a bit of a hit but I'm back up to doing 40km a week, doing some training to get myself ready for marathon training if that makes sense which starts in about 3 weeks.

Main goal is to finish it.
Secondary goal is 3 hours 30mins. If I'm being realistic I'm looking at sub 4 hours at the moment but hoping the training goes well.

Any more runners been attacked by Canada Geese parents protecting Goslings?
I've been ambushed a couple of times ,but their hiss is worse than their bite ....The Goslings are out and about now,,parent birds never take a break from security , stay safe BM runners!

Need to go back to running again after almost half a year break. Back then i felt much more energetic.
For now i am just doing a simple pilates routine at home https://betterme.world/articles/pilates-exercises-for-beginners/ in order to keep my muscles fit. Can't say it goes easy for me, but it is what it is. Hope in a months or two i can proceed with the more intense trainings.

Last edited:
Did my local park run this morning. Roundshaw downs near Croydon. Time of 35.06 and suppose happy enough with that in the heat plus drunk about 8 pints of cider yesterday. First parkrun since Feb 2022 and only 3rd run in 6 weeks
Keep plugging away or try an alternative sport for the summer?

I've run about once in the last 3 weeks. But I've completely transitioned to cycling now instead and managed over a 100 miles a week for the past fortnight. The weather is ideal and its refreshing to do something different after the winter's running.

Plus it keeps me fit before running again next winter.

Need to go back to running again after almost half a year break. Back then i felt much more energetic
No time like the present matey, that first step is the hardest one.
I'm currently injured and believe me there is no worse feeling than not being able to do it, there's not enough beer in Manchester to soothe that pain and I've tried a lot of it!!
Get yerself out there mate, you 100% will not regret it

Keep plugging away or try an alternative sport for the summer?

I've run about once in the last 3 weeks. But I've completely transitioned to cycling now instead and managed over a 100 miles a week for the past fortnight. The weather is ideal and its refreshing to do something different after the winter's running.

Plus it keeps me fit before running again next winter.
I will mate, I was doing a charity walking challenge in May for prostate cancer so didn't have much time to run. Going to slowly build running fitness back up before my holidays

After picking up a niggling knee issue during the London marathon, which I aggravated by running too soon afterwards and then, stupidly, playing football, I've had three weeks off. Last week I did three walks in the Lake District without issue and then back running this week. Three gentle runs of 27k in total and I feel ok. As per previous advice I will book a half-marathon and possibly a full for the autumn. Intend to kind of follow 'Hal Higdon's 3 runs per week' marathon plan as I like structure. Put on about half a stone and drinking a little too much. Hope to get back to self-discipline asap..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.