Running thread

I wouldn't be taking any gels or anything else on board that you have not tried in training, last thing you want Is stomach issues halfway through, if you have trained without then you will be OK, stick to what you know.
Just my two penny's worth on folk telling you not to be doing long runs before the race, this is the general advice that most follow, personally speaking from experience, I think folk are all different, using myself as an example, doing a long run a few times in the build up can be worthwhile.
I ran the boston marathon in 3.14 and did london 6 days later in 3.04, not the first time I've had that kind of improvement in races so close together, my theory is that your not as nervous about the distance and your body being able to stand the strain, therefore your more relaxed and perform better, yep my advice goes against the grain and I'm not saying the other advice is wrong, but just don't be worrying thinking you have done too much. Good luck
Amazing. Two quick marathons in a week. Sub 3 will be yours, it's when not if.

You make two very salient points in the above and your subsequent post. Firstly that all folk are different and secondly that it takes years to build endurance and you will improve over time...until age catches up with you.

I could not cope with your traing schedule. I think you can train to your genetic limit to achieve maximum performance. You only discover the limit down the years. Personally think I went close to mine but probably never quite achieved it.

Good luck with the sub 3 attempt.

Went out for my usual (when I'm in Manchester) midweek training run along the Irwell from Castlefield to Salford Quays this morning. Starting to get a bit warm to go out at 9am so will have to adjust my start time to a little earlier.
Which made me think, why can't Parkruns start an hour or two earlier in the summer months to make the running conditions a little more comfortable?
I know it won't happen as it would impact the volunteer base, the ability to get to events by public transport and put off those who'd been out on a Friday night.

Reactions: ob
Went out for my usual (when I'm in Manchester) midweek training run along the Irwell from Castlefield to Salford Quays this morning. Starting to get a bit warm to go out at 9am so will have to adjust my start time to a little earlier.
Which made me think, why can't Parkruns start an hour or two earlier in the summer months to make the running conditions a little more comfortable?
I know it won't happen as it would impact the volunteer base, the ability to get to events by public transport and put off those who'd been out on a Friday night.

id prefer the park runs to start later haha

Completed Peel Parkrun in Salford in 30:31 this morning. Overheated after the first lap so had to walk bits of the second lap. I think once I've got my 50th Parkrun out the way in a few weeks, I'll be ditching them in the warmer months and going out on solo runs at a time and temperature that suits me!

Completed Peel Parkrun in Salford in 30:31 this morning. Overheated after the first lap so had to walk bits of the second lap. I think once I've got my 50th Parkrun out the way in a few weeks, I'll be ditching them in the warmer months and going out on solo runs at a time and temperature that suits me!

Ha ha, I thought it was a nice day for it today! I was up at Lyme Park though so it might have been a few degrees cooler.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.