Running thread

Nice work!!
Why the dreadmill? IMHO you will get far more from running outdoors
time constraints today :) well that's my excuse, i'm an early riser so ill be going out first thing, however i haven't got decent earphones for running, when i do you will see me pounding the streets of heald green and surrounding areas :)

Did an interval session during Hollingworth Lake this morning. Nice and quiet, just a few runners and dog walkers. Couldn't do parkrun as I had a haircut to get to.

Nearly finished my pre-training before my marathon training, got 2 weeks left after tomorrow. Following a 5km PB plan in preparation for the 15-week Marathon plan.

Surprised my body has held up so well, built up from nothing to 30miles/48km in 6 weeks, wouldn't recommend that to everyone though.

Still can't picture me running that marathon yet but hopefully the training gets me well prepared.

time constraints today :) well that's my excuse, i'm an early riser so ill be going out first thing, however i haven't got decent earphones for running, when i do you will see me pounding the streets of heald green and surrounding areas :)
Top man, first thing in the mornings the best time for it, I regularly go out at 4am when I'm marathon training, doesn't half set you up well for the day, and there's none of them "fucking humans" around to ruin it.

looking for advice, i want earbuds/phones that wont come out when im running, and not too dear,with good quality sound,sweat/waterproof , any advice would be welcome, wired or wireless, would prefer wireless.

looking for advice, i want earbuds/phones that wont come out when im running, and not too dear,with good quality sound,sweat/waterproof , any advice would be welcome, wired or wireless, would prefer wireless.
Only really one answer to this for me, aftershokz bone conductors, I tried allsorts before them nowt comes close tbh, the sound quality isn't first class but you soon get used to it, and the fact that you can hear everything going on around you, makes them miles safer than having a set of cans on and being in your own bubble, there's nowt more annoying(ok there is loads more things) than some twat in the middle of the path with a set of cans on who can't hear you saying get out of the way fuckface from 20 yards away and then jumps out of their skin when you have to shuffle round em.
Most races nowadays won't allow anything but bone conducting headphones

Not strictly running related (I think) but experienced a couple of instances of calf cramp this week.
The first, in my left calf, was while I was laying in bed on Sunday morning. The second, in my right calf, happened this morning whilst swimming. I was just propelling away from the pool end for my 81st length (was planning on finishing on 82 anyway) when it kicked in.
Are these cramps likely to be caused by dehydration, lack of electrolytes, or insufficient recovery time after the last lot of exercise?
On both occasions, there was rapid recovery with no further issues.

Not strictly running related (I think) but experienced a couple of instances of calf cramp this week.
The first, in my left calf, was while I was laying in bed on Sunday morning. The second, in my right calf, happened this morning whilst swimming. I was just propelling away from the pool end for my 81st length (was planning on finishing on 82 anyway) when it kicked in.
Are these cramps likely to be caused by dehydration, lack of electrolytes, or insufficient recovery time after the last lot of exercise?
On both occasions, there was rapid recovery with no further issues.
I'm no expert and can only really go off my own experiences and whatever I've read.
It could be any of the three causes you gave. What's your vitamin intake like? Magnesium, iron,calcium and b12 are vital if your doing lots of exercise, and help a lot with the short recovery times, I find that a lot of this fitness game is not just about the exercise but your diet as well, if I eat shite all week and try to keep up with my usual routine then my body usually finds a way to tell me that's not going to work, I would prefer if it did it by email but its generally in the shape of some sort of injury.
Like I say I'm no expert but cramps in either leg sounds like a missing nutrition problem to me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.