Running thread

I'm no expert and can only really go off my own experiences and whatever I've read.
It could be any of the three causes you gave. What's your vitamin intake like? Magnesium, iron,calcium and b12 are vital if your doing lots of exercise, and help a lot with the short recovery times, I find that a lot of this fitness game is not just about the exercise but your diet as well, if I eat shite all week and try to keep up with my usual routine then my body usually finds a way to tell me that's not going to work, I would prefer if it did it by email but its generally in the shape of some sort of injury.
Like I say I'm no expert but cramps in either leg sounds like a missing nutrition problem to me

Cheers for that. My diet is pretty varied & contains all the elements you've named.
On further research, I've read that my blood pressure medication may cause cramp as a side effect. If they persist, I'll visit my GP to see if there's an alternative.

Not strictly running related (I think) but experienced a couple of instances of calf cramp this week.
The first, in my left calf, was while I was laying in bed on Sunday morning. The second, in my right calf, happened this morning whilst swimming. I was just propelling away from the pool end for my 81st length (was planning on finishing on 82 anyway) when it kicked in.
Are these cramps likely to be caused by dehydration, lack of electrolytes, or insufficient recovery time after the last lot of exercise?
On both occasions, there was rapid recovery with no further issues.
I'm same recently, both legs at weekend and left calf about half 4 this morning. I put it down to lack of hydration. I take high BP meds but only starting cramping recently so out it down the heat and lack of fluids

I'm same recently, both legs at weekend and left calf about half 4 this morning. I put it down to lack of hydration. I take high BP meds but only starting cramping recently so out it down the heat and lack of fluids

I try to hydrate before & during runs as I sweat a lot. Think I must overdo it sometimes as I often need to wee every few minutes post run.
I don't tend to hydrate during swims, but do before and after, otherwise I'd waste half my swim time getting out to nip to the loo. Yes, I'm a gentleman, I don't wee in the pool!

Reactions: ob
Good luck with it mate, its a piece of piss to be honest, one foot in front of the other and try not burst yer lungs, simples!!
Ran this morning.
Only about 20mins.
Had to walk once for a minute or two.
I actually felt fitter than I thought I would.
All the mountain biking must be doing me food.
Need to shed a good bit of timber before hols.
Felt brilliant all day .
Normally feel shite and knackered.
I'll be running min 5 times a week even if it's for 20 minutes

Ran this morning.
Only about 20mins.
Felt brilliant all day .
Top man!! Only about 20 mins is only about 20 mins more than you did yesterday!!
No better way to start the day mate, I'm like that everyday if I gets up and run I'm flying for the day, if not I'm a miserable cantankerous old goat with zero energy, I've just had about a month off running due to injury and was miserable as fuck, have started back and alls great again.
Go easy at first though mate, its easy to get carried away and end up injured through doing too much, trust me I've been that soldier too many times.
Gets yourself on strava if your not already, we have a bluemoon club on there

Ran this morning.
Only about 20mins.
Felt brilliant all day .
Great work mate, rest days just as important as running days. Especially when starting out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.