Running thread

I've turned into a right fat bastard. Gonna get back out running again, starting today.
ive lost just over a stone , cut out bread where i can,been going to the works gym when ive finished my shift , nothing heavy ,i started out on the rowing machine and bike , then a workmate showed me how to do the weights , but its the running im enjoying the most, i do dread it before i start ,but ive got a set course now and by the end of the couch to 5k i will hopefully be able to run around that course , which finishes at tescos where i can buy a treat :)

ive lost just over a stone , cut out bread where i can,been going to the works gym when ive finished my shift , nothing heavy ,i started out on the rowing machine and bike , then a workmate showed me how to do the weights , but its the running im enjoying the most, i do dread it before i start ,but ive got a set course now and by the end of the couch to 5k i will hopefully be able to run around that course , which finishes at tescos where i can buy a treat :)
Brilliant. When at home, I often finish at Co-op for refreshment after my run. I'm in Norfolk this week. Done a couple of runs, and considering Sandringham Parkrun on Saturday, on way back home. Only downside would be unable to get properly cleaned up for the remainder of the journey back to Cheshire.

That's amazing, well done.

I reckon I only need to lose around 5kgs (just under 1 stone). I've always been pretty active/fit, but then last year I dislocated my shoulder (which required an op) and we had our first baby. Just fell out of the routine and it's so hard to drag yourself back into it.

First run is the hardest!

Decent trainers don't half make a difference.

Was running in Nike free runs for a few years and my calf kept going. Stuck to low impact cardio using the Watt Bike and x trainer in the last couple of years.

Decided to go running again wearing New Balance running trainers and there's a noticeable difference in terms of comfort and bounce. Touch wood I can maintain my current running streak.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.