Running thread

Run 6 complete week 2 on couch to 5k, although it wasn't easy it was a bit easier than run 5, my 2nd run on the road, the spot's of rain were lovely,felt quite strong on the last run of the session:)

Anyone out there thinking you can't do it, I was a heavy smoker until October, last ran probably 35 year's ago, the couch to 5k is a slow process, and if I can attempt it (and do it, im determined) then Anyone can, I'm actually thinking about what I eat and drink before and after the run, don't get me wrong I'm no expert far far from it, but I'm doing it and you can too, c'mon

While I'm on, think it's time to buy better clothing for my run, anyone suggest tshirts, mine are usually my normal tshirts cotton and quite fashionable:) ,my birthday is coming up and @Leeky would like some idea's for my prezzie :) got to be decent clobber so he can get his hands in his pocket :)

Reactions: ob
Run 6 complete week 2 on couch to 5k, although it wasn't easy it was a bit easier than run 5, my 2nd run on the road, the spot's of rain were lovely,felt quite strong on the last run of the session:)

Anyone out there thinking you can't do it, I was a heavy smoker until October, last ran probably 35 year's ago, the couch to 5k is a slow process, and if I can attempt it (and do it, im determined) then Anyone can, I'm actually thinking about what I eat and drink before and after the run, don't get me wrong I'm no expert far far from it, but I'm doing it and you can too, c'mon
Fantastic mate

While I'm on, think it's time to buy better clothing for my run, anyone suggest tshirts, mine are usually my normal tshirts cotton and quite fashionable:) ,my birthday is coming up and @Leeky would like some idea's for my prezzie :) got to be decent clobber so he can get his hands in his pocket :)

Lightweight t shirts or vests that wick away sweat are a good idea. There's some reasonably priced ones at Decathlon. Good fitting running shorts are a must to avoid chafing, and a good pair of running shoes are essential.
I'd actually prefer to run shirtless in the warmer weather, but I'm too self conscious & don't want to scare anyone!

Hopefully not a false dawn but just had three days running back to back, for probably the first time since December. Pretty slow going but I actually felt like a runner again and felt much more confident in my body.

Long way back to PBs etc but great to be back out there.

Last edited:

I’ll take you on the Bramhall Parkrun for your birthday treat on Saturday morning 9.00am, will bring back the dreaded cross country in P.E at school, but most enjoyable

Went out for a run along the Bridgewater Canal this morning, and got to say that I'm still really struggling in the humidity.
Felt like that Kiwi bloke off the advert running in the desert through quicksand with a backpack.
Really looking forward to some cool clear nights and mornings!

Did about 20 mins yesterday.
And the same today.
Will do circuit training at the gym tonight and if I'm not to stiff will run tomorrow.
Going to aim for 3 to 4 small runs in a morning per week.
1 gym session and bike ride on a Sunday.
Given up beer gone to gin instead.and only once a week.
Good diet if I don't loose some timber in 12 weeks before hols I give up

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.