Running thread

Decent trainers don't half make a difference.

Was running in Nike free runs for a few years and my calf kept going. Stuck to low impact cardio using the Watt Bike and x trainer in the last couple of years.

Decided to go running again wearing New Balance running trainers and there's a noticeable difference in terms of comfort and bounce. Touch wood I can maintain my current running streak.
i started running in nike jordan low 1, totally unsuitable ,i ended up running on the treadmill in just socks,where i kept catching my feet in the treadmill haha 3 times on one run,ive bought a pair of nike running trainers now, a hell of a lot better ,what i would call entry level runners(£45) but as i get more and more into it im sure the price and quality will go up

In regards to trainers if you don't want to pay £100+, you can get good versions of last year's models for half that at outlets. SportsShoes always have sales on as well. Shoe technology is moving fast but last years high end discounts will be better than cheaper models this year.

In regards to trainers if you don't want to pay £100+, you can get good versions of last year's models for half that at outlets. SportsShoes always have sales on as well. Shoe technology is moving fast but last years high end discounts will be better than cheaper models this year.

best place to buy them but the last two pairs of hokas I have gotten from them they have been difficult to work with

Decent trainers don't half make a difference.

Was running in Nike free runs for a few years and my calf kept going. Stuck to low impact cardio using the Watt Bike and x trainer in the last couple of years.

Decided to go running again wearing New Balance running trainers and there's a noticeable difference in terms of comfort and bounce. Touch wood I can maintain my current running streak.

which NB trainers did you get BM?

best place to buy them but the last two pairs of hokas I have gotten from them they have been difficult to work with

I got a bit lucky with my first pair since I've come back running. They're slightly higher end at £130ish(although I've had discount on them) but I run in Novablast 3s, great for recovery, comfortable and the foam is very responsive, just bounce along. I've never gone wrong with Asics though.

After running the Manchester HM in May at my best ever time, I've noticed my runs are becoming more lethargic, even with me now not having steroids daily to help with long covid.

Not sure if the steroids have affected my breathing a little.

One thing I know now is I can just go out and run consecutive days in a row, need to rest up

What was up with the Hokas?

I bought a pair of Cliftons last year - absolutely love the look and feel when I first put them on, but I'm still not sure they've been as good for my feet as the Brooks Ghost were.

I got a bit lucky with my first pair since I've come back running. They're slightly higher end but I run in Novablast 3s, they're slightly higher end but great for recovery, comfortable and the foam is very responsive, just bounce along.

Oh I was meaning Sports Shoes not Hoka trainers.

I still have my original pair (underneath is going) I had another pair that were nice but too narrow and caused blisters

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.