Running thread

After running the Manchester HM in May at my best ever time, I've noticed my runs are becoming more lethargic, even with me now not having steroids daily to help with long covid.

Not sure if the steroids have affected my breathing a little.

One thing I know now is I can just go out and run consecutive days in a row, need to rest up
Not sure my running trued recovered after long Covid (I could't climb stairs for several months never mind run.
Good luck with the recovery mate.

Did a 11k last night and fortunately the drizzle helped cool me down as I struggle in hot weather.

Echo above too - my runs of late have been very lethargic, but I still have this hamstring issue 9 months on.

What was up with the Hokas?

I bought a pair of Cliftons last year - absolutely love the look and feel when I first put them on, but I'm still not sure they've been as good for my feet as the Brooks Ghost were.

Was more where I got them from. The Rincon 2 that I have had to be replaced as the underneath was going away after 2 runs, got a replacement but then the newer Hokas that I got have since gone back as too narrow and were again after doing less than 50km in them were cutting up underneath

are brooks ghost worth it?

Not sure my running trued recovered after long Covid (I could't climb stairs for several months never mind run.
Good luck with the recovery mate.

thanks. My doctors have since suggested its caused rheumatoid arthritis in my body as well, so been on Methatrxate to help.

Certainly wouldn't have been running this year after nearly a year out if these meds were not available.

have you tried any meds to help>

Was more where I got them from. The Rincon 2 that I have had to be replaced as the underneath was going away after 2 runs, got a replacement but then the newer Hokas that I got have since gone back as too narrow and were again after doing less than 50km in them were cutting up underneath

are brooks ghost worth it?
Loved my Ghosts, but in a short space of time trainers have moved on.
Not sure what I'll try next time tbh. I love that chunky vibe many are currently using from both an aesthetic view and comfiness.
May even given Nikes a shout (as I wear their casual trainers anyway).

Reactions: ob
thanks. My doctors have since suggested its caused rheumatoid arthritis in my body as well, so been on Methatrxate to help.

Certainly wouldn't have been running this year after nearly a year out if these meds were not available.

have you tried any meds to help>
Nah - I couldn't run for nearly a year but never went to the docs.

I had an episode playing tennis with my kids (gentle too) when my heart went into overdrive (felt like >200bpm!) and I had to kneel down. Honestly thought that was it (kids looked a bit worried too).

Stopped for a few more months, but as of today I'm pretty much back on it.
The hamstring injury has stemmed my running for the past 9 months too.

I should really go see a physio.

Loved my Ghosts, but in a short space of time trainers have moved on.
Not sure what I'll try next time tbh. I love that chunky vibe many are currently using from both an aesthetic view and comfiness.
May even given Nikes a shout (as I wear their casual trainers anyway).
Nah - I couldn't run for nearly a year but never went to the docs.

I had an episode playing tennis with my kids (gentle too) when my heart went into overdrive (felt like >200bpm!) and I had to kneel down. Honestly thought that was it (kids looked a bit worried too).

Stopped for a few more months, but as of today I'm pretty much back on it.
The hamstring injury has stemmed my running for the past 9 months too.

I should really go see a physio.

I like a chunkier sole/heel but they are just doing too many for narrow feet.

I've run in Nikes, they are much better than Adidas.

I would do, you waking up with aches etc?

Massage gun really helps me with groin and shin splints

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.