Running thread

Ran 14.5km (9 miles) this morning, the humidity was ridiculous and that was at 8am!

Developing plantar fasciitis on the right foot, it's manageable at the moment with stretching and ball rolling, not surprised as doing 300km across May and June after essentially having 6 months off probably isn't advisable. I probably should have a week off but don't really want to stop.

Ran 14.5km (9 miles) this morning, the humidity was ridiculous and that was at 8am!

Developing plantar fasciitis on the right foot, it's manageable at the moment with stretching and ball rolling, not surprised as doing 300km across May and June after essentially having 6 months off probably isn't advisable. I probably should have a week off but don't really want to stop.
Try doing some weights on your legs, helped me out with a bout of PF cleared it up pretty quick

Wouldn't say "properly" got into it last year because I'm way too inconsistent, but I usually manage to punch out 7 miles twice a week. I'm never going to break any land speed records (under 90 minutes) but it's long enough to make me feel like I've earned it - and more importantly I guess it's just a defined period that I'm not on the fucking internet for a couple of hours.
Dunno if I'm doing it "wrong", but I'd rather keep my route and routine and get the time down than add distance/change it up

Broke the belt on my treadmill so going for a run outside later.
Can anyone suggest what are the best apps to use for tracking times, distance etc...? I don't have one of those fancy watch things..just looking for a mobile app

Can anyone suggest what are the best apps to use for tracking times, distance etc...? I don't have one of those fancy watch things..just looking for a mobile app

Before I got my watch I used to just use Strava for it, wait for the GPS to connect, press start and it records where you ran, how long, how far etc...

Wouldn't say "properly" got into it last year because I'm way too inconsistent, but I usually manage to punch out 7 miles twice a week. I'm never going to break any land speed records (under 90 minutes) but it's long enough to make me feel like I've earned it - and more importantly I guess it's just a defined period that I'm not on the fucking internet for a couple of hours.
Dunno if I'm doing it "wrong", but I'd rather keep my route and routine and get the time down than add distance/change it up
Do you carry that inflatable kangaroo with you while running???
7 miles twice a week is still decent matey, and like you say its keeps yer away from browsing shite from hours on end. I've often wondered is that why I feel so good after a long run, the fact that I've not been "researching" for the hour or two I've been out

Like others have said strava is yer best bet, unless your mad into your data and stats just the free version will be good enough. And join the strava bluemoon club

You don't need anything fancy mate. Can probably pick up something like a Garmin Forerunner 35 second hand for £20-30. Pretty much does everything most people will need and the Garmin Connect app is great considering it's free. One of my mates still uses that model even though it's quite an old one. GPS, wrist heart rate monitor, can connect an additional chest strap and have use of the app. Covers most people's needs.

Last edited:

Personally, I don't use any tech. Just stick my watch on to keep an eye on how long I've been out, stick my keys in my shorts pocket & take a bottle of water.
Don't want to be distracted by my phone or anything else while I'm "in the zone".
I appreciate others like to compare distances, speeds & performances, but the only time I'm aware of how I'm doing is when I get sent my Parkrun times by e-mail.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.