Running thread

Week 1 of marathon training complete, 14 weeks to go.

Longest run I've ever done yesterday, 10 miles in 1 hour 29mins. Felt surprisingly strong throughout.

Better get use to these longest run records as it ramps up.
Great effort mate

Week 3 completed this morning, really had to push myself out of the house this morning, felt as though the run didn't go as well as I had hoped, usually it gets easier as the week goes on, hopefully I'm just having a bad day (running wise) had to really push at the end to finish but buzzing now i have :)

That's the thing I found with couch to 5k and subsequent runs. Sometimes you feel great & sometimes you don't.
There's so many variables such as quality of sleep, diet, hydration & weather, but sometimes when you don't overthink it and just get out there, it all falls into place.
The day I achieved my Parkrun PB, I nearly didn't bother going as I felt a bit rough, but I just got on with it and was pleasantly surprised.

First run of week 4 done, 4xruns in the run this morning, I wasn't confident when I started, even less when another runner went passed me, 3 mins I was fine considering the day before I had to really push to get to 3 mins, so that built my confidence a little, then

onto 5 mins which I didn't quite get there, I was quite angry with myself because it was in my mind that I didn't manage to complete it

At the half way bell I turn and it's down hill from then on, again the 3 mins was disturbed by another runner but I managed to finish it

Then the last 5 mins, I knew it would take me to about the doctors carpark and I got there :)

I can honestly say I haven't worked or pushed myself that hard for year's, chuffed to bit's.

Sorry about the long post :)

My god I'm sweaty and shagged haha

First run of week 4 done, 4xruns in the run this morning, I wasn't confident when I started, even less when another runner went passed me, 3 mins I was fine considering the day before I had to really push to get to 3 mins, so that built my confidence a little, then

onto 5 mins which I didn't quite get there, I was quite angry with myself because it was in my mind that I didn't manage to complete it

At the half way bell I turn and it's down hill from then on, again the 3 mins was disturbed by another runner but I managed to finish it

Then the last 5 mins, I knew it would take me to about the doctors carpark and I got there :)

I can honestly say I haven't worked or pushed myself that hard for year's, chuffed to bit's.

Well done, and stick with it! And don't worry about what other runners are doing around you. I can assure you they are not judging you. Everyone is at different stages of their running journey, and us recent converts don't forget where we've progressed from!

Midweek training run completed along the Irwell / Ship Canal towpath from Castlefield to Gnome Island in Salford Quays and back.
Great running conditions again this morning. Just wish this cooler weather would stick around a bit longer!

Well done, and stick with it! And don't worry about what other runners are doing around you. I can assure you they are not judging you. Everyone is at different stages of their running journey, and us recent converts don't forget where we've progressed from!
I agree with this. I think most people just respect that you're hustling, doing something to better yourself! Anyone who judges a slower runner is a weirdo anyway, who cares what they think?

I'm thinking I should ensure that my runs finish in the doctors car park but for different reasons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.