Running thread

Peel Parkrun completed this morning in 31:26. Much improved running conditions as it was 15°C with a light breeze and a bit of drizzle.

Last edited:
Reactions: ob
Anybody here ever had Achilles Tendinitis? If so, how long did it last? Can you still train on the Bike if you have it?

Reactions: ob
Anybody here ever had Achilles Tendinitis? If so, how long did it last? Can you still train on the Bike if you have it?
I've had it a few times. A physio asked me if I had changed my shoes recently. I had, went back to my old shoes, and the achilles tendinitis disappeared. Did the same next time I got it and it disappeared again. On both occasions I bought a new pair of my old worn out shoes and the tendinitis stayed away.

I've had it a few times. A physio asked me if I had changed my shoes recently. I had, went back to my old shoes, and the achilles tendinitis disappeared. Did the same next time I got it and it disappeared again. On both occasions I bought a new pair of my old worn out shoes and the tendinitis stayed away.
Cheers mate, will try another pair for training later this week. Will have a rest from using my legs and just to weight / rig work until then.

Week 3 completed this morning, really had to push myself out of the house this morning, felt as though the run didn't go as well as I had hoped, usually it gets easier as the week goes on, hopefully I'm just having a bad day (running wise) had to really push at the end to finish but buzzing now i have :)

Week 3 completed this morning, really had to push myself out of the house this morning, felt as though the run didn't go as well as I had hoped, usually it gets easier as the week goes on, hopefully I'm just having a bad day (running wise) had to really push at the end to finish but buzzing now i have :)
Going to treat myself to some shorts and tshirt, ordered some nike dri fit shorts and tshirt, thanks @Leeky For them (my birthday) ,think I'm becoming a bit of a running tackle tart haha, gonna look like an all black on my next run :)

Thanks @Leeky

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230703_075353_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20230703_075353_eBay.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20230703_075335_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20230703_075335_eBay.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Think I might be suffering with this as well. Done a fair bit of running through March/April/May with no real issues. Then after a run a few weeks ago, felt a bit of soreness. I've barely run in the last 3 weeks, but ran on Friday (5k), this was 10 days after my previous run, but the pain in my Achilles was still there, more so the day after, and walking was a struggle.

I'm trying to add in some regular strengthening exercises in the hope this will help prevent it flaring up again when it does subside.

According to Strava, my current trainers have done 614km. They still seem in great condition, but maybe I need to look into a new pair. Got the Great North Run in 10 weeks, so really hopeful I can resume training in 2-3 weeks otherwise i'm going to struggle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.