Running thread

I'm a morning person too when it comes to exercise. I'm really no good for anything after noon. Looking back now, when I was still working, I used to cram everything into the morning & never did anything productive after lunch.
As others have mentioned, start thinking about what you want to achieve after you've finished couch to 5k. I really enjoy Parkrun, and it's great that you can participate in them in various locations and whatever your ability.
I also enjoyed the "Blue Run" in March this year. It's basically 2 laps of the Etihad Stadium & Campus, all whilst having blue powder chucked at you. Noone takes it too seriously, you get a medal & a t shirt, and can raise a bit of money for City in the Community.
You just have to put up with Danny Jackson taking the piss out of you a bit, but it's all good natured.
definitely my goal is the parkrun with @Leeky :) also that blue run would be great. :)

definitely my goal is the parkrun with @Leeky :) also that blue run would be great. :)

Was great during the Blue Run to run round bits of the Academy not normally open to the public. Running over the Nexen Tyre bridge 4 times was a bit of a killer though as I wasn't too accustomed to running up inclines at the time.
My runs take in loads of canal footbridges these days so have sort of got used to them!

So I've done my third run today. Pyramid intervals. Hard work but feels great to get it done.

I've booked the MCR half marathon in October and full marathon in April. No excuses now - gotta do it!

the first runner was a lady ,quite a nice looking lady probably 30 years my junior :).

i am really enjoying it,i usually start off with the mindset an hour and i can look forward to that shower, and my god i needed it this morning,i was soaked in sweat but very happy haha.

im an early riser anyway , and i think getting it done in the morning with some tunes is a great way to start the day , i was done and showered by 8am(had to wait for my shower as the mrs was getting ready for work) but i was just in my shorts by that time walking around the house thinking i was linford christie haha

You wont see it in many running magazines or podcasts but I only managed to finish the London Marathon by keeping this stunner in my sights and watching her arse bounce ahead of me. Having said that, not something to do outside of a race environment!

Anyone else waiting for a London Marathon ballot rejection email today?

Yep, and Macmillan want you to raise £2500 if you do it for them.

So I've done my third run today. Pyramid intervals. Hard work but feels great to get it done.

I've booked the MCR half marathon in October and full marathon in April. No excuses now - gotta do it!

Good shout that, there is the stockport hatters half marathon in September aswell

Reactions: ob

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.