Running thread

10km done tonight. 3km easy pace, 3km marathon pace, 2km Tempo, 2km easy pace.

Think my marathon goal is too high, hitting 180+ bpm running marathon pace and 200 bpm running tempo, so I'm running too fast, might have to adjust my goal.

Wrist measurements for HR so not completely accurate but it does feel that tough.

September might come too soon for me but I quite fancy the Delamere Forest half in November!

I’ve done some trail runs previously and loved them!

Yes trails for me. Nice being on the road and getting the cheers and slaps on the back from friends and work colleagues.

But nothing beats a bit of mud, a horrible hill, the mental toughness of being out on the trails with nobody watching or there to cheer you on. Completely takes away the ego.

Yes trails for me. Nice being on the road and getting the cheers and slaps on the back from friends and work colleagues.

But nothing beats a bit of mud, a horrible hill, the mental toughness of being out on the trails with nobody watching or there to cheer you on. Completely takes away the ego.

do you do your trail runs on your own?

Always worried of having an accident and nobody knowing where I am

Think I might be suffering with this as well. Done a fair bit of running through March/April/May with no real issues. Then after a run a few weeks ago, felt a bit of soreness. I've barely run in the last 3 weeks, but ran on Friday (5k), this was 10 days after my previous run, but the pain in my Achilles was still there, more so the day after, and walking was a struggle.

I'm trying to add in some regular strengthening exercises in the hope this will help prevent it flaring up again when it does subside.

According to Strava, my current trainers have done 614km. They still seem in great condition, but maybe I need to look into a new pair. Got the Great North Run in 10 weeks, so really hopeful I can resume training in 2-3 weeks otherwise i'm going to struggle.
I went to the physio with this and he provided me with a set of exercises such as calf raises, leaning against a wall a d stretching the back leg etc I was pretty lucky it cleared up in no time and just kept on doing the stretches.

Not sure how old you are but I am mid 40s and I have learning to accept I need to do recovery, stretching, strength work to allow me to run. Its sadly a necessary evil.

do you do your trail runs on your own?

Always worried of having an accident and nobody knowing where I am

Yes I do. I would not say I go off into the wild too much, but keep to reasonably well established paths so someone is always likely to find you.

Its probably one of the best things about running for me. Lately, due to injury and my endurance dropping, I haven't been to ambitious with my running but previously I would download a map on my Garmin, drive out somewhere and knock out an hour or two picking some scenic route with great views. Just fantastic.

Yes I do. I would not say I go off into the wild too much, but keep to reasonably well established paths so someone is always likely to find you.

Its probably one of the best things about running for me. Lately, due to injury and my endurance dropping, I haven't been to ambitious with my running but previously I would download a map on my Garmin, drive out somewhere and knock out an hour or two picking some scenic route with great views. Just fantastic.

yeah injuries have taken its toll on me, so now I am picking 2/3 runs a week and not doing much more than that

Do just want to take a bag, get on a train and go to lymme park or dovestones for a run

10km done tonight. 3km easy pace, 3km marathon pace, 2km Tempo, 2km easy pace.

Think my marathon goal is too high, hitting 180+ bpm running marathon pace and 200 bpm running tempo, so I'm running too fast, might have to adjust my goal.

Wrist measurements for HR so not completely accurate but it does feel that tough.
Don't get to downhearted based on a tough session, lots of runners don't take HR as a guide, when is your mara and what's the goal? Most marathons now are not for another couple of months so I'm guessing its quite early in your training block? If so your sessions are bound to be quite tough.
Early in all my marathon training blocks I always struggle and question whether I'm going to get to where I'm aiming for, just keep turning up, the tough ones are the ones that give you the most reward

I went to the physio with this and he provided me with a set of exercises such as calf raises, leaning against a wall a d stretching the back leg etc I was pretty lucky it cleared up in no time and just kept on doing the stretches.

Not sure how old you are but I am mid 40s and I have learning to accept I need to do recovery, stretching, strength work to allow me to run. Its sadly a necessary evil.

Yeah, 41 now. Only been 'running' for the last 2-3 years and struggle to go longer than 3 months without an injury of some sort. Like you say, need to spend more time on stretching, strength etc to be able to maintain training for any length of time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.