Running thread

Is the Couch to 5k worth trying as a start?
It's what I'm doing, as someone who has never run i find it perfect, get your pace right, make sure you do your stretching before and after it really is amazing what you can achieve, you'll find once you get into it 90% is the mental battle. Omg I can't run for 90s, Omg I can't run for 3mins, Omg 5 fucking minutes, week 4 is the supposed big step up, but I promise you after each week you will be amazed at the thought's you had about the previous weeks running,

I hurt my knee on week 7 which is a 25min run ( I think) just before my knee problem I was feeling good and was going to run until I got to 5k, sadly I'm back at week 4 after about 6 weeks out.

Sorry for the long post, I can assure you starting the 5k will make you feel great about yourself, give it a go

Last edited:
@Zabaleta5 ignore all these show offs talking about marathons, couch to 5k is the hardest to achieve ,it's what real iron men do, haha

The first step is the hardest ,but one day mate me and you will finish 1st and 2nd in the great bluemoon run
Obviously I'll finish 1st : )

C'mon :)

Just been out for my midweek training run along the streets and disused railway paths of Stafford.
What a beautiful morning, with fantastic running conditions with the temperature being firmly below 10°C. Long may it last!
I'm still treadmilling, but ive set up a fan right infront of it, heaven :)

It's what I'm doing, as someone who has never run i find it perfect, get your pace right, make sure you do your stretching before and after it really is amazing what you can achieve, you'll find once you get into it 90% is the mental battle. Omg I can't run for 90s, Omg I can't run for 3mins, Omg 5 fucking minutes, week 4 is the supposed big step up, but I promise you after each week you will be amazed at the thought's you had about the previous weeks running,

I hurt my knee on week 7 which is a 25min run ( I think) just before my knee problem I was feeling good and was going to run until I got to 5k, sadly I'm back at week 4 after about 6 weeks out.

Sorry for the long post, I can assure you starting the 5k will make you feel great about yourself, give it a go
I'd also add rest days are very important especially at start. Might think oh I'll do another day but imo important to rest

the couch to 5k running is every other day, i did forget to mention it, but steve cram :) tells you whilst you are listening to him
Yea, when I did it I saw posts on running groups saying 'oh I feel ok shall I run again today rather than take a rest day'

Yea, when I did it I saw posts on running groups saying 'oh I feel ok shall I run again today rather than take a rest day'
i watched a video, think the guy is called ed hall, the strongest man in the world (i think), he was saying he trained everyday but never got stronger, he was told with the weights he was lifting he needed ten days rest in between lifting , and he smashed it, recovery is just as important as running( i watch a lot of youtube :))

Reactions: ob
i watched a video, think the guy is called ed hall, the strongest man in the world (i think), he was saying he trained everyday but never got stronger, he was told with the weights he was lifting he needed ten days rest in between lifting , and he smashed it, recovery is just as important as running( i watch a lot of youtube :))

I build in rest days in my schedule to allow my knees to recover. To be fair, I normally end up going for a long walk on my recovery days, but at least it is low impact.
My week normally looks like:

Sunday: Recovery day
Monday: Swim at least 2.5k
Tuesday: Recovery day
Wednesday: Run at least 5k
Thursday: Recovery day
Friday: Swim at least 2.5k
Saturday: Parkrun 5k.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.