Running thread

Friday early morning interval club... you're all invited to join, lol.

I do roughly 3k warm-up. followed by 400m on/400m off. Then, a cool down. I think these contribute to my improved times in my regular runs.

For context, here are some of my previous interval runs:

18/08 - 9km - 5:41 pace
25/08 - 10.3km - 5:36 pace
01/09 - 9.7km - 5:18 pace
08/09 - 11km - 5:07 pace

In today's run, I did a 10k in 50:24, including tons of 'recovery' running and part of my cool down. A few weeks ago, a 50-minute 10k was miles away. I couldn't string together 2 sub 5 min km! My base level has risen significantly.

So, if you aren't already doing it. Feel free to become part of the early morning interval club! You won't regret it!
Friday’s early morning interval club…

3k warm up
8x 400m on/400m off
1k cool down

15/09 - 11km - 5:01 pace

Did a 10k in 49:18 within that.

Definitely earned a couple of beers tonight :)

Ran a 14km session last night. 5km easy (5:20-5:40km), 5km marathon pace (4:50-5:01km), 2km tempo (4:30-4:40km), 2km easy.

Ran a 49min 10km in the middle of that, which is technically a personal best but I've never actually raced 10km before.

Just picked up the new Superblasts from Asics, they're going to be my marathon trainer I think. Ran in them for that session but I've bought them too small, luckily Asics still allow you to return them if you're a member. Decided against the carbon plated Asics, ran an interval session in them the other day, they are fast but I think they might be too harsh over 26miles, probably better for distances below half marathon.

Ran a 14km session last night. 5km easy (5:20-5:40km), 5km marathon pace (4:50-5:01km), 2km tempo (4:30-4:40km), 2km easy.

Ran a 49min 10km in the middle of that, which is technically a personal best but I've never actually raced 10km before.

Just picked up the new Superblasts from Asics, they're going to be my marathon trainer I think. Bought them too small but luckily Asics still allow you to return them if you're a member. Decided against the carbon plated Asics, ran an interval session in them the other day, they are fast but I think they might be too harsh over 26miles, probably better for distance below half marathon.
Intrigued at your mention of the Asics Superblast shoe, I've just had a shufti on the internet. Interestingly, they're not considered legal in competitive races under current World Athletics regulations given a 'stack height' in excess of 40mm. Having just invested in a new pair of shoes (not a so-called 'supershoe'), I'm curious as to what these highly cushioned shoes are like to wear when you're putting in your daily miles. Do they really help to improve your times?

Reactions: ob
Intrigued at your mention of the Asics Superblast shoe, I've just had a shufti on the internet. Interestingly, they're not considered legal in competitive races under current World Athletics regulations given a 'stack height' in excess of 40mm. Having just invested in a new pair of shoes (not a so-called 'supershoe'), I'm curious as to what these highly cushioned shoes are like to wear when you're putting in your daily miles. Do they really help to improve your times?

I can't comment too much on the Superblasts yet with just the one run behind me but they felt really fast from relatively minimal effort. It's not just the speed as well, it's the recovery, relatively little soreness post session/the next day. The original plan was just to break them in for the marathon and then they might become my training shoe post marathon.

My actual training shoe is the Novablast 3, at £130 they're probably high end as well, I rotate couple of pairs and again the responsiveness from them and the recovery is just excellent.

I actually wasn't aware the Superblasts were banned but I'm not surprised with some of these super shoes, they do feel like you're just bouncing along.

I can't comment too much on the Superblasts yet with just the one run behind me but they felt really fast from relatively minimal effort. It's not just the speed as well, it's the recovery, relatively little soreness post session/the next day. The original plan was just to break them in for the marathon and then they might become my training shoe post maratho.

My actual training shoe is the Novablast 3, at £130 they're probably high end as well, I rotate couple of pairs and again the responsiveness from them and the recovery is just excellent.

I actually wasn't aware the Superblasts were banned but I'm not surprised with some of these super shoes, they do feel like you're just bouncing along.
That's interesting; particularly the reference to improved recovery.
I've just ordered a pair of Adidas Terrex shoes which are better suited to someone like me who is relatively new to the running game and, therefore, looking for a road/(light) trail hybrid. Only time will tell whether the cost savings of buying just one pair for all terrains is justified. They may prove to be the worst of both worlds of course! Fingers crossed.

It's what I'm doing, as someone who has never run i find it perfect, get your pace right, make sure you do your stretching before and after it really is amazing what you can achieve, you'll find once you get into it 90% is the mental battle. Omg I can't run for 90s, Omg I can't run for 3mins, Omg 5 fucking minutes, week 4 is the supposed big step up, but I promise you after each week you will be amazed at the thought's you had about the previous weeks running,

I hurt my knee on week 7 which is a 25min run ( I think) just before my knee problem I was feeling good and was going to run until I got to 5k, sadly I'm back at week 4 after about 6 weeks out.

Sorry for the long post, I can assure you starting the 5k will make you feel great about yourself, give it a go
Well done for not giving up. Injuries happen to us all, it's how you deal with them and not let them stop you. That is the main thing. I had really heavy legs a few weeks back after doing some ridiculous hill runs, so I had to take 4 or 5 days out to totally rest them. After a week of coming back I'm absolutely flying. I did a 5k last night in 24:50 which is nowhere near my best, but a lot better than a few weeks back. Keep at it Sir.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.