Running thread

running with Psoriatic arthritis (diagnosed earlier this year at now 35) is a killer.

really want to be doing 4/5 or even 6 runs a week but I'm struggling to do more than 3.

I suppose on the good part I do longer runs rather than multi shorter runs.

Nothing seems to get rid of the pain apart from Prednisone, but that just piles the weight on you

I think I posted a few weeks ago about my intention to dip my toe in the water again. A brief update: I’m now into my third week of a 5k schedule. I’m starting from scratch using a HR based programme. It’s been a bit of a slog. My max Zone 2 rate is 123 (I’m old!) but I’m sticking with it. My biggest issue is keeping my rate within the zone so I’m still walking quite regularly to get it down and it’s frustrating. When the frustration kicks in that doesn’t help the HR - a bit of a catch 22. Looking forward the schedule in a few weeks does allow me to get into zone 3 which I’m quite looking forward to.
Physically I feel fine, hopefully this will avoid the annoying injuries I’ve had in the past. Hopefully the speed will come, shuffling along at little more than a fast walk is tough!!
Keep up the inspirational work everyone.

running with Psoriatic arthritis (diagnosed earlier this year at now 35) is a killer.

really want to be doing 4/5 or even 6 runs a week but I'm struggling to do more than 3.
3 runs a week is what they say is best for you, your damaging yourself with anymore .
I suppose on the good part I do longer runs rather than multi shorter runs.

Nothing seems to get rid of the pain apart from Prednisone, but that just piles the weight on you

Just been out for a training run to Pomona along the Bridgewater Canal from and back to Castlefield.
I passed three guys in Red Bull Leipzig training tops also out for a run. Not sure if they were players, coaches or supporters, but they all gave me a friendly "good morning". Like me, they also managed to avoid getting pecked to death by the gaggle of Canada geese on the towpath.
I also test drived my new pair of Brooks Ghost 4s that I bought in the Decathlon Black Friday sale. Very comfortable they are too!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.