Running thread

Wilmslow Festive 10k completed this morning.

Chip time 44:36…. Absolutely smashed my PB (previous was 46:55). Smashed my season best 5k (21:50 - nearly 1 minute quicker than my previous best this in 3 years).

Super chuffed with myself. Thank you whoever posted about 80/20 running in here :’)

Huge PB today at wilmslow chip time 37.08, delighted with that and feel I can probably dip into the 36 odd with some more training.
Cracker of a day for it today, big shout to @smevchenko who kindly sold me his place as i left it too late, PB was pretty much all down to you mate
Great running from you both! Congratulations on the PBs.

Wilmslow Festive 10k completed this morning.

Chip time 44:36…. Absolutely smashed my PB (previous was 46:55). Smashed my season best 5k (21:50 - nearly 1 minute quicker than my previous best this in 3 years).

Super chuffed with myself. Thank you whoever posted about 80/20 running in here :’)
That's a seriously impressive time for 10k fella.

I hate this weather, easier to run in (as long as it isn't ridiculously cold), much harder to go out for a run though.

Anyway I wussed out of parkrun yesterday too cold for me so put me in wuss club.

Did Oulton Park 10km this morning, new PB just under 42 minutes, never run a 10km race which is why it's a new PB. I was running the odd 48min 10km in marathon training a couple of months ago.

Fairly undulating, probably chasing sub 41 on a flat course. Happy with my run though.

I hate this weather, easier to run in (as long as it isn't ridiculously cold), much harder to go out for a run though.

Anyway I wussed out of parkrun yesterday too cold for me so put me in wuss club.

Did Oulton Park 10km this morning, new PB just under 42 minutes, never run a 10km race which is why it's a new PB. I was running the odd 48min 10km in marathon training a couple of months ago.

Fairly undulating, probably chasing sub 41 on a flat course. Happy with my run though.
Great work mate

A quick shout out to those hardy souls braving sub zero temperatures this morning for a Parkrun. As a relative newbie, it'll be a first for me running in temperatures as low as this. It got me thinking, what do the more experienced runners on this forum wear to keep warm? This morning, I've decided to wear a compression top with a thin layer over the top but forgo my shiny new running tights (a decision I may live to regret). Otherwise, hat and gloves.
I'll await the pile-on telling me what a wuss I am!

My general rule of thumb is going off what the 'feels like' temperature on the weather app states. 5 degrees and over vest. 0-5 degrees shirt and gloves. Anything less than freezing long sleeve shirt to tracksuit top depending on how cold.

Always wear shorts regardless of temperature. Can't understand how people wear bottoms. Get too hot and start to get sweat rashes.

Last edited:
Huge PB today at wilmslow chip time 37.08, delighted with that and feel I can probably dip into the 36 odd with some more training.
Cracker of a day for it today, big shout to @smevchenko who kindly sold me his place as i left it too late, PB was pretty much all down to you mate

Glad to assist with the PB mate, you certainly made the most out of it!

So basically, getting up at 4am every day for weeks at a time is how to really smash those times…. might start on Monday, or the one after!

Glad to assist with the PB mate, you certainly made the most out of it!

So basically, getting up at 4am every day for weeks at a time is how to really smash those times…. might start on Monday, or the one after!
Haha, technically it's half three, but I'm sure you will get good results when you start at 4 tomorrow

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.