Running thread

After a great start to my running in January a trip to Madrid resulted it me being laid low after picking up some kind of virus and the inevitable chest infection.

So sadly two steps forward snd three steps back but this week I have started running again regularly, at a slow pace, with no ill effects.

Always seems to be the way with running, when you are flying, there is always an injury or illness right round the corner.

So 11 miles yesterday at a nice easy 5:35 pace. Hopefully get out today for a similar paced but smaller run and then back to run club tuesday.

Good advice.

Park run PB is 20:49 but then I hit Covid and never hit that level back.
I also had a hip injury which required me biking up my core/glutes and also hit the gym. So I bulked up a bit (I had to as the hip is cartilage damage) but I was pretty thin and sinewy (for me).

I do want to get faster again however.

I’m in York this weekend and managed 25:29 for the park run.
Odd course that….literally a race round York racecourse!
Just be thankful it wasn't Aintree!

10 weeks to go until my marathon. Long runs just aren't going to plan post illness, yet to do more than 15km.

I'm back up to 60km and 65km over the past 2 weeks, so the total distance is fine. Integrating those fast efforts into a long run has been tough though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.