Running thread

9.75 miles today. Ran down the front at Southport with the 10k runners heading in the opposite direction (the leader was heading for 30 min by the looks of it). It was great to see so many people out and no issues, especially in the current climate. Next weekend I will break the 10 mile marker for the first time in over 12 months. Looking at 1hr 20 or so so that’s getting back to my half marathon pace.
Anyway happy Sunday Blues

Completed my 100th Parkrun this morning at Peel Park in 29:45.
Not too bad considering I only started Couch to 5k in February 2022, and before that hadn't run for 35 years.
At least it proves that if an overweight retired bloke can do it, anyone can!
Well done @staffsblue. Great achievement and an inspirational story. It shows what you can do, with perseverance and self-belief.

Completed my little project, which was to run the length of every street in the village I live in, which is Lymm, in Cheshire.

Exclusions were a small stretch of the M6 which runs through the village, some private roads, and some interlinking footpaths.

It took eight separate runs to complete, and I covered 100km in total.

Although this was probably not the most efficient coverage, I still think I currently hold the world record for this event.
d28886b1db01a022ad03ac1199c502ef.jpg

Last edited:
Completed my little project, which was to run the length of every street in the village I live in, which is Lymm, in Cheshire.

Exclusions were a small stretch of the M6 which runs through the village, some private roads, and some interlinking footpaths.

Although this was probably not the most efficient coverage, I still think I currently hold the world record for this event.
There is a tiny white bit in the middle just above higher lane :)

But well done mate thats a cracking idea, i thought at first you were going to draw a cock and balls with your run routes

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-06 095250.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-06 095250.png
    41.8 KB · Views: 3
There is a tiny white bit in the middle just above higher lane :)

But well done mate thats a cracking idea, i thought at first you were going to draw a cock and balls with your run routes
It's a footpath. There's another just near it. I limited it to places accessible by car, but used some footpaths for shortcuts.

It was a nice little project, and thanks to my lack of concentration, and having to go back to a few roads, ended nicely on 100km.

Come on, get it done properly and cover that stretch of M6!

great work @Paladin

I remember someone doing it around stockport during lock down.

you going to do another project similar?
Hmm, now I wonder which district of Stockport was the ‘sprint’ section ….? ;-)

But seriously nice one @Paladin - having those kind of mini targets really helps doesn’t it?

I’m doing a location based thing with my parkruns (coast to coast), and also the alphabet, and in the past I’ve tried 25% of the Tour de France each day. Missed that this year (awful weather didn’t help), but there is a chance for the Vuelta in Aug/Sept.

great work @Paladin

I remember someone doing it around stockport during lock down.

you going to do another project similar?

Maybe. I go to Keswick each summer for two weeks. I might do the same there next year. It's probably achievable.

This was enjoyable. I posted it on the Facebook page of the running group. It generated some interest, and I don't think it's been done before.

It was tough though, because I kept extending my runs in order to finish. I'm happy going back to more moderate distances. I'm no spring chicken!

Reactions: ob

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.