Running thread

I used to suffer from " broken foot " syndrome off and on for years
It uses to do my head in and was always after a match/ 5 a side.
I've never actually broken my foot, but the pain in the outer instep was bad, made you think u had done real damage.
Intresting another poster relates it go to calf pain/ trauma....This was probably what was behind my pain after Sunday league matches...as you say it eases after a few days,but at the time I used to be pretty confused as to why my foot was lame...without actually taking a blow to it. I'd prob been kicked on the calf
I've never ever heard anybody else complain of the same ,so just kept it to myself.Sort of nice to know it's wasn't just me. ; )
Ha, yeah it’s a strange one mate. Not done any proper exercise since but lifted something heavy yesterday and could feel it straightaway but nowhere near as bad as the next day if i’d been for a run.

Did yours just clear up eventually or did you go to a physio? The foot i’ve got the problem with i broke 4xs and my ankle in that leg before that. So i know the pain is definitely similar to a broken foot the day after. :)It could be from all the fractures with me and it’s just suddenly caught up. Weird though as it was years ago and i’ve not even felt a twinge in my foot for about 10 years before this.

Much more comfortable run this morning, mainly due to a pleasant cool breeze and a bit of light drizzle.
My random sensory experience this morning was that I was running past a blackberry bush, and thought the berries smelt really powerful, almost sickly, but still made me crave a bowl of mixed berries. However, a few steps later, I passed a chap puffing away on a fruit flavoured vape, and all made sense!

Ha, yeah it’s a strange one mate. Not done any proper exercise since but lifted something heavy yesterday and could feel it straightaway but nowhere near as bad as the next day if i’d been for a run.

Did yours just clear up eventually or did you go to a physio? The foot i’ve got the problem with i broke 4xs and my ankle in that leg before that. So i know the pain is definitely similar to a broken foot the day after. :)It could be from all the fractures with me and it’s just suddenly caught up. Weird though as it was years ago and i’ve not even felt a twinge in my foot for about 10 years before this.
Intresting that, as I've never broken any bones In my foot/ leg...

I did use to do an awful lot of running ,and was pretty good at middle distance, and this together with playing footy, at my height, 4 times a week meant there was a lot of stress on my feet.

As bad as this cryptic pain was( seem to remember it was my right foot generally ) it always cleared up after 3 or 4 days ..so I never got round to seeking professional advice .

I've cut my footy running and Tennis ( used to play all summer long 3 0r 4 times a week) right back now as I'm in me mid 50s , and haven't suffered this problem for years...thankfully.

Running / circuit training few times a week and footy once a week means a lot less stress on my feet , so therein lies the answer...I think.

So my Jabra Elite active 65t headphones appear to have died. Will not stay connected to phone, cant connect to Jabra app to see if firmware can be updated, troubleshooting guide not sorting the issue out.

Had them 3 1/2 years so can't complain too much I suppose!

Any recommendations for new ones?

Happy with in-ear buds to be honest, and may just go for Jabra elite 4 active as currently on 50% off deal for £60, anyone else got these?

So my Jabra Elite active 65t headphones appear to have died. Will not stay connected to phone, cant connect to Jabra app to see if firmware can be updated, troubleshooting guide not sorting the issue out.

Had them 3 1/2 years so can't complain too much I suppose!

Any recommendations for new ones?

Happy with in-ear buds to be honest, and may just go for Jabra elite 4 active as currently on 50% off deal for £60, anyone else got these?
Personal preference really. I use Shokz bone conduction ear phones. The only downside is sometimes the external noise drowns out the sounds being played. Quiet running routes counter this problem.

Completed my little project, which was to run the length of every street in the village I live in, which is Lymm, in Cheshire.

Exclusions were a small stretch of the M6 which runs through the village, some private roads, and some interlinking footpaths.

It took eight separate runs to complete, and I covered 100km in total.

Although this was probably not the most efficient coverage, I still think I currently hold the world record for this event.//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240806/d28886b1db01a022ad03ac1199c502ef.jpg
Well. That's err..interesting. Impressive clocking up 48 miles in 5 days! I've only managed about 8 miles this week :-(.

However, I've averaged about 100 miles a week cycling over the last couple of months. I'm feeling great :-)

Intresting that, as I've never broken any bones In my foot/ leg...

I did use to do an awful lot of running ,and was pretty good at middle distance, and this together with playing footy, at my height, 4 times a week meant there was a lot of stress on my feet.

As bad as this cryptic pain was( seem to remember it was my right foot generally ) it always cleared up after 3 or 4 days ..so I never got round to seeking professional advice .

I've cut my footy running and Tennis ( used to play all summer long 3 0r 4 times a week) right back now as I'm in me mid 50s , and haven't suffered this problem for years...thankfully.

Running / circuit training few times a week and footy once a week means a lot less stress on my feet , so therein lies the answer...I think.
FYI. One to look at.
I haven't run for years. Multi surface football and shin splints mainly I had it down to. I've done biomechanical assessments, gait analysis etc.
I had got a bit fitter the last couple of years and starting running a little in the gym. Fine. But then every so often my ankle would go. Like an Achilles problem or stress fracture.
The physio and GP sent me for an x-ray. Nothing.
The radiologist said have you ever been checked for gout. Lol. I was, wtf, I'm not Henry 8th...

Anyway turns out it was. Hereditary. Uric acid levels too high. Worth a check for anyone who can't find an answer....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.