Running thread

This morning's Parkrun at Isabel Trail in Stafford completed in 29:37.
Still far too warm for my liking and typically, it started raining just after I'd completely the event. A bit of rain would have been really welcome when I was sweating like a sweaty thing a few minutes earlier!

Last edited:
Walking is where its at.

I walk everywhere, apart from longer distances when I use public transport, after ditching my car 20 years ago.
Have never had any interest in counting steps or anything like that, but on days when I'm not running or swimming, a nice long country walk usually features.

I walk everywhere, apart from longer distances when I use public transport, after ditching my car 20 years ago.
Have never had any interest in counting steps or anything like that, but on days when I'm not running or swimming, a nice long country walk usually features.
Same here! I became a postie last few years and have found the joys of walking. Keeps me fit and gives my mind time to digest stuff.

Same here! I became a postie last few years and have found the joys of walking. Keeps me fit and gives my mind time to digest stuff.

Any form of exercise is "good thinking time" for me. Means I'm more focussed when I'm with my friends and family, and have cleared all the negative thoughts from my head

Back in the swing of things this weekend. 12k last night which included a break to help a bloke, who had just left the pub, and had fell which left a bloody gash above his eye and 26k trail run today.

Seemed to be plagued by niggles and not getting a good run at Marathon training. Registered for Abingdon and then 2 weeks later Lake Maggiore.

My expectations of times has dropped and frustrating I only have myself to blame as I haven’t really put the strength training in to make me more resilient to injuries. Just love getting out running but sadly the body needs a bit more fine tuning.

Still great to get out the last couple of days after having to pull out of a race last weekend.

Back in the swing of things this weekend. 12k last night which included a break to help a bloke, who had just left the pub, and had fell which left a bloody gash above his eye and 26k trail run today.

Seemed to be plagued by niggles and not getting a good run at Marathon training. Registered for Abingdon and then 2 weeks later Lake Maggiore.

My expectations of times has dropped and frustrating I only have myself to blame as I haven’t really put the strength training in to make me more resilient to injuries. Just love getting out running but sadly the body needs a bit more fine tuning.

Still great to get out the last couple of days after having to pull out of a race last weekend.
Keep plugging away at it mate, marathon training in this weather is tough, and as always the training has a habit of both boosting and draining your confidence in times etc.
I'm in the same boat, 9 weeks until Chicago and don't feel as though a decent time is possible, slowly resigning myself to using Chicago as a stepping stone to a better time in Valencia which is 16 weeks away.
Strength training is boring, but helps so much, I've just started uping it AGAIN this week, hopefully don't fall off the wagon with it after another week but it just bores the shit out of me

FYI. One to look at.
I haven't run for years. Multi surface football and shin splints mainly I had it down to. I've done biomechanical assessments, gait analysis etc.
I had got a bit fitter the last couple of years and starting running a little in the gym. Fine. But then every so often my ankle would go. Like an Achilles problem or stress fracture.
The physio and GP sent me for an x-ray. Nothing.
The radiologist said have you ever been checked for gout. Lol. I was, wtf, I'm not Henry 8th...

Anyway turns out it was. Hereditary. Uric acid levels too high. Worth a check for anyone who can't find an answer....

Not been a problem for me for years now, so i think the reduction of Movememt has solved that issue...for now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.