Running thread

Yeah, these were just the very small socks that don't even go over the ankles. I guess the end bit was rubbing against my skin.
Sounds like you might need to look at the shoes as well. As a test in order to speed up transitions, for the first time I tried not using socks in a recent triathlon. I got some hot spots after a 10k run (so probably wouldn't do it again) but no actual blisters, And that was with no socks at all.

Sounds like you might need to look at the shoes as well. As a test in order to speed up transitions, for the first time I tried not using socks in a recent triathlon. I got some hot spots after a 10k run (so probably wouldn't do it again) but no actual blisters, And that was with no socks at all.
Same model of shoe that I've been wearing for years. It was just the top bit of the sock rubbing. No problem though; lesson leart.

Trigger warning: socks.

I have been unable to run for a week and counting because, well, I went out in the wrong socks.

Last week, I got up, got ready and headed off down the road. It was after only maybe a quarter of a mile that I noticed the skin around my Achilles felt funny. I then realised that I'd forgotten to put my running socks on, and was just wearing the little ankle socks that I wear during the summer when I'm in shorts throughout the day.

No problems, I thought, and carried on for a few miles.

It was only later when I was getting into the shower that my missus exclaimed in shock about the blood all over the back of my legs. I was equally taken aback when I looked myself. Massive gashes on the backs of both feet, simply from going for a short jog in my everyday socks!

I've been in pain since then. Even just walking about! I've had to be barefoot (which as an autistic guy I hate) and just had to wait it out. It's still too bad to go out running.

So yeah, wear the right socks, kids!
Christ mate!! I had been checking to see had you been out, that's a pretty unlucky turn, can't say I've ever had an issue with wearing no show socks, are you sure you didn't get bit by something?

This morning's Parkrun at Isabel Trail in Stafford completed in 29:51.
Happy with that considering I had an afternoon on the beer in Liverpool yesterday followed by a chippy tea, and a really disturbed night's sleep.
Beer and chippy tea eh? Ideal race preparation surely given all that hydration and carb-loading!
; )

Sale Waterpark parkrun this morning, completed in 29:09, which is my quickest for a while. Lovely weather and conditions. I turned my ankle on the part beside the Mersey, constructed with builder's rubble. Good job I've got strong ankles!
Well done,those paths are not the best on the Mersey, especially the section that is broken up bricks

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.