Running thread

I've missed a few Parkruns due to travelling on Saturdays recently. I'm currently in Llandudno, reminiscing many summer holidays spent here when I was a child, visiting my grandparents. And I managed to run one of my few bucket list runs this morning - 9km around the Great Orme.
913a3a96f500109538d774bc70bebda3.jpg

It takes me 10 mins to drive to my nearest Parkrun.

So... I'm going to try Oasis tickets till 9:10 - get to Parkrun starting line for 9:23 and hopefully beat the tail walkers to get a official time.

1724832910287.png

Reactions: ob
I've missed a few Parkruns due to travelling on Saturdays recently. I'm currently in Llandudno, reminiscing many summer holidays spent here when I was a child, visiting my grandparents. And I managed to run one of my few bucket list runs this morning - 9km around the Great Orme.

Looks a lovely route that.

Ran the same route Friday evening ,great route so scenic.Then Conway parkrun on the Saturday

Trigger warning: socks.

I have been unable to run for a week and counting because, well, I went out in the wrong socks.

Last week, I got up, got ready and headed off down the road. It was after only maybe a quarter of a mile that I noticed the skin around my Achilles felt funny. I then realised that I'd forgotten to put my running socks on, and was just wearing the little ankle socks that I wear during the summer when I'm in shorts throughout the day.

No problems, I thought, and carried on for a few miles.

It was only later when I was getting into the shower that my missus exclaimed in shock about the blood all over the back of my legs. I was equally taken aback when I looked myself. Massive gashes on the backs of both feet, simply from going for a short jog in my everyday socks!

I've been in pain since then. Even just walking about! I've had to be barefoot (which as an autistic guy I hate) and just had to wait it out. It's still too bad to go out running.

So yeah, wear the right socks, kids!

Trigger warning: socks.

I have been unable to run for a week and counting because, well, I went out in the wrong socks.

Last week, I got up, got ready and headed off down the road. It was after only maybe a quarter of a mile that I noticed the skin around my Achilles felt funny. I then realised that I'd forgotten to put my running socks on, and was just wearing the little ankle socks that I wear during the summer when I'm in shorts throughout the day.

No problems, I thought, and carried on for a few miles.

It was only later when I was getting into the shower that my missus exclaimed in shock about the blood all over the back of my legs. I was equally taken aback when I looked myself. Massive gashes on the backs of both feet, simply from going for a short jog in my everyday socks!

I've been in pain since then. Even just walking about! I've had to be barefoot (which as an autistic guy I hate) and just had to wait it out. It's still too bad to go out running.

So yeah, wear the right socks, kids!

Blimey.
I’ve always worn trainer socks & football socks.
Never even had a blister.

Reactions: ob

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.