Running thread

Slight groin strain on Sunday, so called it short after 3 miles and walked home, itching to get out again but having to rest it for a couple of weeks :(

Long time absence from this thread due to injury. Picked up a niggle in my knee in February and it just wouldn't go away. Saw a physio in May who reckoned it was ITB syndrome, I worked on the exercises and the niggle just wouldn't go.

Wanted to go and get a 2nd opinion but had no time over the summer due to trying to advance my career. Finally got chance to see a really good physio on Friday who diagnosed my injury as a patella malignment due to muscle wastage in my quads when I was ill over winter. Gave me some exercises to do and regular manipulation of my patella and I think he's fixed it.

Done a 2 mile run on Saturday only minor irritation, done just over a 2 mile run tonight kept waiting for the niggle to come and it just didn't, I know its there but the pain just didnt come. Can't tell you how buzzing I am to be back running, hopefully that's the issue solved.

One to look out for if anyone gets lateral knee pain and it's not your ITB.

Anyone got tips for plantar fasciitis?

I’ve been club running for 10 years but started to get it after I started playing 5 a side again for the first time in about 7 years.

I’ve had it for about 5 months now.

I’ve managed to get an NHS physio appointment but it’s not for 3 weeks.

Itching to get back out running again but just trying to rest it.

I’ve been club running for 10 years but started to get it after I started playing 5 a side again for the first time in about 7 years.

Strength training worked for me, stretch the calfs out

Temporary help is to put rock tape around the area to cover it and help when you hit the floor.

I spent ages with the NHS on mine, they say its down to lack of stretching etc.

They also used a machine that sent electric pulses through my feet (wasn't a great feeling)

Strangely enough my PF on my right foot is re-emerging Again

Watched the great north run on Sunday on BBC. I have ran it once before. Seeing it on tv gave me the motivation to register for the ballot after I got an email from them.

Not ran much for a few years.
Will give me a focus to regularly exercise so hoping I am successful.

Watched the great north run on Sunday on BBC. I have ran it once before. Seeing it on tv gave me the motivation to register for the ballot after I got an email from them.

Not ran much for a few years.
Will give me a focus to regularly exercise so hoping I am successful.
Would you not sign up for another half if you don't get through the ballot?
The great north run is bottom of my list tbh, a 2hr finish time would have seen you finish in 15thousandth place, 60k in it and the vast majority walked it

Would you not sign up for another half if you don't get through the ballot?
The great north run is bottom of my list tbh, a 2hr finish time would have seen you finish in 15thousandth place, 60k in it and the vast majority walked it
It’s more the event that appealed. I get what your saying, it’s like the Manchester run you doing really get running for a few miles in that.

I would love to do a marathon but need proper focus and training to accomplish that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.