Running thread

Just signed up for Outlaw X. Half distance Ironman event which is now going ahead in September.... 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike then half marathon... hope to do it under 6 hours with a good slice of fortune !!

Individually, I reckon I could clock a decent time. Ride & run, no problem and possibly ok together. Swim, not so sure. Think this would ruin me for the last 2. How long would the swim take you?

Fair play.

Individually, I reckon I could clock a decent time. Ride & run, no problem and possibly ok together. Swim, not so sure. Think this would ruin me for the last 2. How long would the swim take you?

Fair play.
I did double distance on Saturday in 1:35 so I’m hoping for 45 mins, 3.5 on bike and under 2 for the half. With it all going well around 6.25 hours in total, depends on the day of course, last year bike broke half way through a 56 miler so that was me fucked.

I did double distance on Saturday in 1:35 so I’m hoping for 45 mins, 3.5 on bike and under 2 for the half. With it all going well around 6.25 hours in total, depends on the day of course, last year bike broke half way through a 56 miler so that was me fucked.

Did 85 miles on the bike yesterday averaging 16.5 mph and can do sub 2 running. Managed 20 mph avg ride over flattish 25 mile route. I reckon I could do the swim but would be slow - no real upper body strength.

Went out for my usual 3mile route after work earlier. Fell just shy of half way through. Ran over some uneven grass and rolled my foot/ankle when rejoining the pavement. Now sitting with an ice pack and 4 cushions below my foot wondering if I've broke a bone or not. Can't put a bit of weight on it.

If anyone happened to be up in Ayrshire direction today I'd appreciate the dash cam footage. Down like a sack of potatoes, I'd probably have laughed if I watched it happen to someone else tbh.

Just signed up for Outlaw X. Half distance Ironman event which is now going ahead in September.... 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike then half marathon... hope to do it under 6 hours with a good slice of fortune !!

Wowsers. Looking at perhaps the 'junior' versions of that tbf. A starter Tri if you will. Been mentioned on here before...but some time ago.

14 days into maffetone training and I’m loving it! Had years of running fast (for me) 21 min flat out for 5kms etc. I’m keeping my heart rate at 140 and have noticeably lost fat and running comfortably at that level. Takes some getting used to but so far so good!
Its great isn't it I'm really enjoying my runs. Did a 6 miler today and managed an average of 144 BPM which is borderline for me between Aerobic and Anaerobic zone. Still weird running slow and cant help getting annoyed when a few runners pass me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.