Running thread

I need some new running trainers.

still some old hand Nike ones. But been wearing A pair of my Many Adidas nite joggers recently

for some reason ankle socks whilst running. Blister central!!
Running socks prevent blisters. Lad at work ran 10k in normal socks. The state of the blisters on his feet made me feel sick (he showed me the day after)

I managed 16k this morning, up a hill, round the dam, country lanes, alpacas grazing in their field, cows in theirs, through a village, beside the Manchester Ship Canal, between the fishing ponds, up to the Trans Pennine Trail, through another village, alongside the Bridgwater Canal, through a sheep field, past a school, through the park and home. A lovely run.

Didn’t quite go to plan today, 7.5 miles ran in 1:12 after 42 miles on the bike in 2:45, did couple of miles more on the bike than ideally wanted and paid the price on the run, never mind only a training session and a lesson learned.

Edit. Just checked Strava and for some reason it’s not picked up the first 2 miles or so of my run!! So actually did 9.5 miles and my time was less than 8 minute miles which I’m buzzing with after that bike ride.

Last edited:
Didn’t quite go to plan today, 7.5 miles ran in 1:12 after 42 miles on the bike in 2:45, did couple of miles more on the bike than ideally wanted and paid the price on the run, never mind only a training session and a lesson learned.

Edit. Just checked Strava and for some reason it’s not picked up the first 2 miles or so of my run!! So actually did 9.5 miles and my time was less than 8 minute miles which I’m buzzing with after that bike ride.
I only recently got a smart phone and started using strava. On my cycle on Friday it exactly matched the distance measured by my 20 year old cycle computer which uses a magnet and receiver on the wheel. Well good I thought.

But for today's 6 mile trail run I was disappointed on my return to check the strava result to find that it stopped recording before I left the front garden. So according to strava I managed all of 10 yards today :(

Top tip: don't get straight in to the shower; take your top off and wait until the sweating has slowed or stopped then only make the shower lukewarm or as cool as you can manage it. A hot shower when you're still sweating can make some people (me included) sweat more - including afterwards.
Ice cold shower is what works best for me, Im running early mornings now before work, so I get up straight in an ice cold shower then hit the streets, soon as Im back ice cold shower again, colder the better. So refreshing.
I know the cold showers are not for everyone, but you kinda get used to them after a while, and the refreshed feeling after is so good

Also if anay of you are smokers I advise giving up, Ive not had a smoke for over two weeks now and my PB's have dropped massively, took 1min 32 off my 5k in the space of 5 days this week, down to 20.29 for 5k now and feel that I can find sub 20 quite soon.
Good pace that. I got 21:21the other week. I've not managed under 20 mins yet outside but have done it on a treadmill

did you have something similar open at the same time? Like Google Maps, Map My Run?

That's the only time strava doesn't record my work

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.