Running thread

Anyone got any Strava routes starting near footy museum to go down the Irwell then back along the canals to make a 5-6 mile loop? It looks possible but I don't know if there's always a tow path/riverside path etc. Any tips/city centre routes of interest would be gratefully received.

Anyone got any Strava routes starting near footy museum to go down the Irwell then back along the canals to make a 5-6 mile loop? It looks possible but I don't know if there's always a tow path/riverside path etc. Any tips/city centre routes of interest would be gratefully received.

Don’t run past canals in the dark would be my advise.

Knee been bad, think it's my IT band, pain starts in the Glutes, works into the Hamstring then the knee starts all usually after 8 miles or so, meaning my training has been stopping at 13 miles for the last 3 weeks!! Running the Cyprus marathon in just over 3 weeks so hopefully the physio sessions i've got booked in between now and then help otherwise it'll be a painful second half!!

Knee been bad, think it's my IT band, pain starts in the Glutes, works into the Hamstring then the knee starts all usually after 8 miles or so, meaning my training has been stopping at 13 miles for the last 3 weeks!! Running the Cyprus marathon in just over 3 weeks so hopefully the physio sessions i've got booked in between now and then help otherwise it'll be a painful second half!!

Ouch.
take it easy for next couple weeks, maybe do light jogs and swim instead.

I reckon you’d still smash a half marathon without adequate training

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.