Running thread

Anybody running the Wilmslow half this weekend?

Not run 13.1 miles yet but hoping to get around in 1:40-1:45.

Training of late has not gone great and my splits have dropped off recently. Hopefully a bit of dry weather and no winds will assist in getting a decent time.

Got a text through at 02:31 this morning the Wilmslow half had been cancelled. Bit infuriating but I do understand the organisers were in an impossible situation.

Took a week off to do the 500 mile round trip and to incorporate the two city games and wilmslow half marathon. Last time I came up was to watch the cancelled City v West Ham game. Bit gutted, but I know in the grand scheme of things only a slight inconvenience.

So, no Parkruns anymore, no organised runs, no 10ks, half marathons or marathons. But at least we're allowed to go out and do our regular keep fit running.

I was due to do the Cheshire 10k today, starting and finishing at Arley Hall. This is the second cancellation of the event, and the organisers offered a virtual 10k instead. So I completed my virtual 10k on Thursday in 56:55, which was ok for me. I ran another 5k yesterday, and am about to go out on another run this morning. I'll check in again later to report if I did 5k or 10k. It looks like good running weather in Lymm today.

Edit. Did 10k. It's a bit breezy, but really enjoyable. Most of my run is on the Trans Pennine Trail, with some beside the Bridgewater Canal, and some on country lanes.

Last edited:
So, no Parkruns anymore, no organised runs, no 10ks, half marathons or marathons. But at least we're allowed to go out and do our regular keep fit running.

Make the most of it mate. Here in Spain, we've not been allowed out since last weekend. Runners and cyclists have been fined. We can get to the supermarket and back so I've been putting my runners on and taking the long route! Really missing it already.

I was due to do the Cheshire 10k today, starting and finishing at Arley Hall. This is the second cancellation of the event, and the organisers offered a virtual 10k instead. So I completed my virtual 10k on Thursday in 56:55, which was ok for me. I ran another 5k yesterday, and am about to go out on another run this morning. I'll check in again later to report if I did 5k or 10k. It looks like good running weather in Lymm today.

Yes I really missed the parkrun this morning having missed last week due to taking it easy in prep for the Wilmslow half marathon.

Going for a walk now but will be out running this afternoon, will update later.

Suddenly a hugely important part of my life, I anticipate will become even more important over the coming weeks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.