Running thread

Haven’t done it before mate, looks like it’s about 10k so I’m guessing it’ll take us about 3-4 hours up and down with breaks. It’s one of Wainwright’s and I’ve not done it before, think it’s the 6th highest in England. Weather looks good so hopefully I’ll keep dry unlike last weekend doing loughrigg fell.....
Skiddaw is pretty straight forward with decent kit and fitness which I'm sure you have. I've done it a couple of times years ago. Went up sharp edge I think and down tother side and back round to start.

Skiddaw is pretty straight forward with decent kit and fitness which I'm sure you have. I've done it a couple of times years ago. Went up sharp edge I think and down tother side and back round to start.
Think that’s what we’re planning on doing... as for kit.. she’s always moaning I take, and make her take, too much... rather have everything I may need that not enough!!

5 mile run today. Went for low intensity but ended up sprinting the last couple of miles. Pace of 7 mins 45 in total . Pleased with that after the first mile was 8 mins 30 . Managed 7 mins 11 and 12 respectively for the last 2 miles.

Just went out for a nice slow 5k also. Kept the heart rate below 130 and just enjoyed the drizzle, darkness and quiet streets.

Realised I was mixing up sharp edge, which is on blencathra with longside edge on skiddaw. They are quite different. Sharp edge is a much narrower scramble.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.