Running

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Oliver190, 26 Sep 2015.

1. ballinio

ballinio

So does wine ...& chocolate ...oh & watching City.

2. 01cravend

01cravend

Source?

They'd disagree that we were apex predators for a start. Do you think humans ever went and slept in the open Savannah without a care in the world akin to say Lions? No because unlike actual apex predators we'd have been worried we'd be eaten.

3. pee dubya

pee dubya

Yeah, they're not incompatible. The more the merrier in this case, literally.

4. Jalfraag

Jalfraag

Try Alice Roberts for a start.

We have pretty much the same body structure as homo erectus so we've been hunting down whatever we want for 2 million years, long before modern humans.

I'm sure our ancestors weren't stupid enough to sleep out in the open and unprotected. What apex predator would do such a thing?

5. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

Runners look like shit,get in the weights room and then you can wear your T shirts proudly.

6. 01cravend

01cravend

Which piece of her work states that we were apex hunters because we hunted when the day was hottest(this argument can't be used as an umbrella argument anyway as we don't and didn't all live in arid enviroments) and not because we(homo sapiens) used our far superior communication skills vs any animal and other species of human too.

Lions do, because they were/are the apex predators of their ecosystems. They don't have to worry about being killed.

7. DavidWhitesBoots

DavidWhitesBoots

It's believed humans used to run prey down, just a war of attrition. The human body has the ability to cross huge distances especially in warmer climates. Some African tribes still hunt antelope this way just run after them until they fall down with heat exhaustion.

Lasted edited by : 12 Mar 2018
  8. BlueHammer85

BlueHammer85

Did a half marathon yesterday.
    Struggling to walk today.

9. Jalfraag

Jalfraag

If you think humans and our ancestors didn't live and evolve in a hot climate I think you need to read up a bit. Alternatively try Origins of Us (Roberts).

10. 01cravend

01cravend

I'm aware we all come from Africa..I was giving you the benefit of the doubt when you said Humans become apex predators and thought you might have been alluding to when humans started spreading out around the world(and in doing so caused a mass extinction) not when we were still fucking apes ffs. Humans were never apex though anyway so pot kettle black on the suggesting to do some reading.