Running

Having a go at Warrington park run tomorrow. Should be pace guides at various intervals to aim for a pb time. Going to aim to follow the one for under 27mins if I can.

I used to run for Oldham & Royton Harriers, there use to be a track where B&Q is now in Oldham I was more a road runner and the 10K was my field PB was 35:40s, loved track 800m PB was 2:03. good old days as a teen, then the issues came along and fucked it all up.

Anyone got any recommendations for where to get decent kit online? Need to refresh my gym stuff.

Ran a bit at school but took it up in my early 40’s after giving up Sunday League footy. Down to 21 mins (5K) 45 mins (10k) , 1:40 for a HM, 4:00 for a full but at my age (48) am now getting ever more frequent injuries. Might have to add some swimming into the CV training…

Unders and overs as we used to call them will get you immensly fit.

Start off gentle perhaps half a length under and a length and a half on top. You will quickly gauge your fitness levels and adjust accordingly. Good luck. Very little ware and tear on your body when your in the water and along with cycling is far kinder to joints than running. But each to their own.

I used to run for Oldham & Royton Harriers, there use to be a track where B&Q is now in Oldham I was more a road runner and the 10K was my field PB was 35:40s, loved track 800m PB was 2:03. good old days as a teen, then the issues came along and fucked it all up.

I also used to run for Oldham and Royton Harriers. I'm 51 now, still run, but the aging process has caught up with me and my times have slowed right down.

Who do you remember at the Harriers? Joe Ashcroft, Paula Risk, Peter Purdy, Frank Hodgson?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.