Running

Bores me stupid tbh, i use to run for the school back in the 80s, competing against other schools and even county level, but fuk me it bores me stupid so now i just Skate,nowhere near as tedius imo and i love skating too, so all good. Well done to the op btw.

If you're into music, it's a good opportunity to have some time spent listening to a new album, or revisiting an old one. I imagine you could listen to a talking book if you're into those, or some comedy or a podcast etc.

I try to run every day, bollocks to this rest day malarky. 4 miles every weekday, 6-7 miles on the weekend days. Always average around 7.45 a mile which I'm happy with. Not interested at all in competitive running or even entering any events, I run alone, to be alone.

If you're into music, it's a good opportunity to have some time spent listening to a new album, or revisiting an old one. I imagine you could listen to a talking book if you're into those, or some comedy or a podcast etc.

I listen to Talking books when im at work driving around Britain mate..when im skating it depends what musical mood im in, i can listen to bands from Public Image to Depeche..same as when in the gym i suppose and love the choons when im on the punchbag, Mcvicar is gettin' the vote lately and cant wait for tomorrows sesh with my newly arrived cd of The Beat..Top top band btw.

I try to run every day, bollocks to this rest day malarky. 4 miles every weekday, 6-7 miles on the weekend days. Always average around 7.45 a mile which I'm happy with. Not interested at all in competitive running or even entering any events, I run alone, to be alone.

Very Poignant mate..i feel like making you a hot cocoa and leavin' you to it for some reason.

Very Poignant mate..i feel like making you a hot cocoa and leavin' you to it for some reason.

Haha, I actually hate it when I see any other people on my runs that I have to pass, I want the streets and country paths to myself!

Best half marathon time is 1.59, I was very pleased with that! Got back into running in the last couple of weeks and did 5k at Bramhall park run in 31 minutes. Hopefully get sub 30 by the end of November.

Started running on my 36th birthday using a coach to 5k program. I couldn't run 10 seconds when I started. Took me nearly a year but then I ran a 10k in 68 minutes and was so impressed with myself that I quit. Got back into it over the summer and just ran 10 miles total this week and now working on putting some miles in my legs and increasing my distance. Ran a 5k yesterday in 26.20 which is pretty close to my pr and even running short distance and I can feel the benefit from the added longer run earlier this week. I run past the swamp and like to think that somewhere in Malaysia someone is looking at their holiday pictures with a sweaty red faced man photobombing in the background.

I just started using smashrun.com to record my runs and that's a lot of fun. Also Reddit.com/r/running has lots of tips and info

I started when I was 17 and I couldn't run 10 minutes in a row. Now, by 23 I can run 1 hour, 3 times a week. Personal best 45:39 for 10 Km's. Trying to make in less than 40 minutes until the end of the next year.

Do you guys here practise this sport?

By the time your 53 if you are anything like me, you'll be in need of new joints all over the place.

My advice as an ex professional frogman (who had to be superfit back in the day) try this.

First bin the running.

But to get your cardio vascular work out from sports with less impact on your joints try, cycling which is great, as is swimming.

Try this exercise for swimming:

We used to call them unders and overs, and they will make you fitter than ever, your lung capacity will increase no end.

So you swim a length of your local baths with front crawl as fast as you can (overs), then you relax whilst you swim the return length back underwater (unders). Repeat by however many you want, however as an ex diver, I got to the situation were I could swim a mile on top of the water and a mile underneath of the water.

That will take you to different level of fitness trust me.

However if you really want to punish your body by running, then to get really fit try "Fartlek" running. Which basically is jog a lampost and sprint a lampost.

Good luck!!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.