Russian Fans

The problem is that this was the type of behaviour many posters on here were advocating when we were all feeling hard done by, by the Showsec Stewards.

Doesn't really look so good does it, when you're on the outside looking in?

Remeber this when the red mist decends and the mob mentality takes over again (as it will) next season.

An interesting snippet from Reuters here. British police chief out in Ukraine, Andy Holt, concerned about 'fake' England fans. "We have seen quite a lot of Russians with England shirts on - that's great if they are supporting England of course," Holt said.
"But if there is some disorder and it appears they are wearing an England shirt, I want my officers to go in there and establish what we're dealing with so we've got it first hand, so we know whether it's an English fan and we have a problem or whether actually it's somebody from another nation who supports another team who just happens to have an England shirt on.
"We have worked very hard to make sure that England fans are policed appropriately and if England fans do engage in disorder that we know about it and are able to deal with that. But what I don't want is to have England fans mislabelled, and misidentified because it's some other nationality wearing England shirts so you can imagine we will be very careful to ensure that if there is any problems, we identify the provenance of who we are dealing with."

mmadave1 said:
kenster197 said:
mmadave1 said:
we can't stop it.

Not with that attitude ffs, take a look back 20 years ago at what it was like in this country compared to now. It can be stopped, maybe not in my lifetime, but to say it wont ever be stopped is a statement I cannot agree with.

i know they did this to a rag but the fact is it is still classed as racism.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-fan-caught-making-monkey-gesture-at-Manchester-United-Patrice-Evra-article858958.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Li ... 58958.html</a>

Interesting choice of article there. A single fan makes a monkey chant and a national newspaper releases a picture of him condemining his actions and quoting that if found he will be banned for life from anfield and that "The unknown racist was ­widely condemned from fans of all sides on Twitter last night".

That is a hell of a lot of progress from twenty years ago. Yes some individuals will still be idiots but now it's one man during a match not an entire stadium, that is massive progress and while we might never truely get rid of racism we can make it as rare as possible and punish those that do it.

To put it simply, it's a hell of a lot better to do it how we are now than let bad people get away with bad actions.

Frank H said:
Yes, for the foreseeable future we are always going to have racists and violent people.

Similarly, for the foreseeable future we are always going to have murderers, cheats, and thieves.

That doesn't mean that murder, cheating, robbery etc. shouldn't be condemned. Similarly with racism and violence. And anyone doing so is not proof of the world going "soft"!

Agreed.

kenster197 said:
mmadave1 said:
kenster197 said:
"We are always going to have racism"........

I am at a loss...... someone switch the lights off please...

we can't stop it.

Not with that attitude ffs, take a look back 20 years ago at what it was like in this country compared to now. It can be stopped, maybe not in my lifetime, but to say it wont ever be stopped is a statement I cannot agree with.

He's right though. We will never stop it, not in my lifetime or anyone elses. Humans have an inbuilt self destructive mechanism to always nitpick over little, insignificant things like race, colour, nationality, whatever. This will never change no matter how more 'advanced' and 'civilised' we get.

I personally don't think we've made a great deal of progress, if any, from 20 or so years ago. Ok, racial abuse of Black players in stadia may have died out a lot, but for me, racism in society has changed its form, and the worrying thing about it is that its seen as acceptable, almost legitimate, even reaching the point where if you don't have those views you're seen as strange or rebellious by the mainstream. I think its far more sinister than the "you fucking n****r monkey" and bananas thrown. Atleast 20 years ago, you knew where you stood.

Dubai Blue said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
noely said:
Tv reports are doing my fucking head in with there reports on this euros
going on about how the stadiums havent sold out and theres been trouble from fans

at euro 96 hardly any grounds sold out till the semis and england fans went on the rampage in london

also england fans were cunts in belgium in euro 2000

whats that saying about people in glass houses

England fans are all cunts in my opinion anyway...I am english through and through but fucking detest England football. The fans who support them are all knobs!
Dickhead.

And your attitude to fans of 'smaller' clubs makes you sound like a right twat.

It's true though, the panorama program from the world cup 2006, it followed fans of group of Northampton fans who thought they were the dogs bollocks, giving it the biggun.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Well whatever they are,they look like fooking pricks. International football is supported by the majority of fans from smaller clubs-Grimsbys, Huddersfields etc...Haven't watched any of the euros and refuse to...shite

What a big headed arrogant, c**nt you are. So what if it is they dont see success and they support smaller clubs, it could be the fact that a lot of people like to support their country. Plenty of city fans that go england matches.

you sound like a spoilt rag

carlos92 said:
I think they should be kicked out of the tournament.

if that was england fans, we would be banned, and no doubt we would be out of the champs league aswell

Unknown_Genius said:
kenster197 said:
mmadave1 said:
we can't stop it.

He's right though. We will never stop it, not in my lifetime or anyone elses. Humans have an inbuilt self destructive mechanism to always nitpick over little, insignificant things like race, colour, nationality, whatever. This will never change no matter how more 'advanced' and 'civilised' we get.

I personally don't think we've made a great deal of progress, if any, from 20 or so years ago. Ok, racial abuse of Black players in stadia may have died out a lot, but for me, racism in society has changed its form, and the worrying thing about it is that its seen as acceptable, almost legitimate, even reaching the point where if you don't have those views you're seen as strange or rebellious by the mainstream. I think its far more sinister than the "you fucking n****r monkey" and bananas thrown. Atleast 20 years ago, you knew where you stood.

:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.