Russian invasion of Ukraine

I don’t really think it’s for this thread either, although I thought people would have put 2 and 2 together with what I said about the Standard, didn’t think it would create a discussion.

I’d argue it is pertinent though to argue the value add of rhetoric vs our inability (or inactivity) to sanction, particularly given the amount of Russian wealth here. It’s getting embarrassing given that’s the main tool the west has currently got and is using against Putin.
It's boring, in so far far as it's the same old protagonists with their boring placards turning up in every thread when their are much more important things to read, report and discuss.

Careful.
They'll be checked, the bloody moulded boxes replaced and even if 700 of these 2,700 were sorted out - would you prefer 2,000 old russian-type anti-aircraft missiles should not be delivered?
I wouldn't want to sit in a Russian helicopter facing those.
If they are useless we won't deliver. As if Germany wouldn't use every single chance to kick Putin in his bollocks as hard as we can.
Of course I'd want them delivered, but only if they were fully reliable and operational.

Him knowing he is going to die soon could be bad news for the rest of the world
On his deathbed, tell him Ukraine has capitulated and seeking peace talks. Putin snuffs it satisfied that he has claimed victory over his foe, then his Generals grovel to the West.

On his deathbed, tell him Ukraine has capitulated and seeking peace talks. Putin snuffs it satisfied that he has claimed victory over his foe, then his Generals grovel to the West.
He's locked himself in a bunker. Surely some fucker could just seal it from the outside, cut all the wires, and try and be normal to the rest of the world?

Obviously not quite that simple, but I do feel there's a chance of a possibility for hope that something like that may happen.

He's locked himself in a bunker. Surely some fucker could just seal it from the outside, cut all the wires, and try and be normal to the rest of the world?

Obviously not quite that simple, but I do feel there's a chance of a possibility for hope that something like that may happen.
Lock him in his bunker and keep sending him false reports of progress. Its not like he's going to tweet on the subject to find out what's really going on.

"Yes Putin, you won! The world now cowers at the might of Mother Russia! Now go sleepy byes..."

I think the main thing China did, allegedly, was asking putin to delay the invasion, oops sorry special project, until after the Winter Olympics
Yes their involvement has been purely self serving and unhelpful. It doesn’t mean they aren’t potentially a key player. They are deliberately choosing not to exercise their influence and that’s shameful.

Lock him in his bunker and keep sending him false reports of progress. Its not like he's going to tweet on the subject to find out what's really going on.

"Yes Putin, you won! The world now cowers at the might of Mother Russia! Now go sleepy byes..."
It's a shame Blackadder never did anything on the Soviet Union, otherwise I think we'd all be perfectly trained to pull this off.

Totally agree but I’m of the opinion we have a myriad of threads in which to discuss them rather than this one.

Brexit, party donations, political influence are worthy topics in the political forum but this thread should be free of the usual circular arguments.
The issues you raise cannot be separated. The web of lies and deceit is overlapping and interwoven into the reasons why the Uk might be dragging their feet around sanctions.

Edit: I am not saying putin has valid reasons to destroy Ukraine because of Boris. Answering another post. It late I’m going to sleep ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Vic

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.