Russian invasion of Ukraine

I understand you're fuming, but our old philosophy "Wandel durch Handel" (=change by trade) towards Russia has been blown up by that war criminal within the last weeks and we can't change that quick. (We have sold our values in greed, like most other nations sadly do).
Buying at spot market prizes would be mad, and sanctions woul hit us more than Russia.
But our policy is in full swing. 1 month back most of these changes were unimaginable.
2 weeks back the destruction of a 45 million population country in front of our eyes was equally unimaginable

Surely though there are legitimate concerns about Russian influence in our political system, particularly within the Conservative party and the current Prime Minister?
Who would you back in a time of crisis. The fat lying buffoon or the false Messiah (the communist previously known as the next prime minister) ?

Totally agree but I’m of the opinion we have a myriad of threads in which to discuss them rather than this one.

Brexit, party donations, political influence are worthy topics in the political forum but this thread should be free of the usual circular arguments.
Agreed.
I’ve tried and not always succeeded to put my criticisms of the government on the politics threads. As a nation we’re simply not that important in this conflict when compared to the neighbouring countries, the US, the EU, China and NATO so blowing our own trumpet and criticising allies just looks a bit pathetic when the focus should be on what we can do to help Ukraine and help the overall effort to defeat Russia.

Well I know where my next holiday is then.
In reply to......"Economies also existed, and continue to exist in some parts of the world, where a fair trade could be for example a turnip in exchange for a shag of the family goat."

A quick view of Scottyboi's garden.

Attachments

• Growing Stuff.jpg
    Growing Stuff.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 18
I lightheartedly said the following throwaway comment the other day and I'm starting to think there might even be a little truth to it now with his latest utterances:

"I think Putin has been diagnosed with a terminal illness and just wants to take the rest of the world with him."

The only person about whom I would say on reading this headline " I fucking hope so "

I hate to say I told you so...

received-1643797275966453.webp

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.