Russian invasion of Ukraine

Totally agree but I’m of the opinion we have a myriad of threads in which to discuss them rather than this one.

Brexit, party donations, political influence are worthy topics in the political forum but this thread should be free of the usual circular arguments.
It’s virtually impossible to moderate such a fast moving thread in that way though. We tried to do it with the Covid thread, but it becomes almost futile trying to prevent politics entering such broad, all-encompassing threads as these. The stupid shit we will of course delete, especially if reported, but there is always going to be some overlap. Putting those who offend your sensibilities on ignore is probably the best bet.

Agreed.
I’ve tried and not always succeeded to put my criticisms of the government on the politics threads. As a nation we’re simply not that important in this conflict when compared to the neighbouring countries, the US, the EU, China and NATO so blowing our own trumpet and criticising allies just looks a bit pathetic when the focus should be on what we can do to help Ukraine and help the overall effort to defeat Russia.
I have to disagree with that West Dids, the UK have done and are continuing to do, a lot of very important work supporting the Ukrainians.

The US have always been very prominent, even before fighting broke out (as were the UK), NATO can only do so much and it took a while before the EU stepped up to the plate, although it has been very supportive once it did. I'm not sure what role the Chinese are playing at present.........after all, they banned Premier League games because of the visual support for Ukraine.

It’s virtually impossible to moderate such a fast moving thread in that way though. We tried to do it with the Covid thread, but it becomes almost futile trying to prevent politics entering such broad, all-encompassing threads as these. The stupid shit we will of course delete, especially if reported, but there is always going to be some overlap. Putting those who offend your sensibilities on ignore is probably the best bet.
You've always been at your most forceful, after a glass of vin de blanc.

I have to disagree with that West Dids, the UK have done and are continuing to do, a lot of very important work supporting the Ukrainians.

The US have always been very prominent, even before fighting broke out (as were the UK), NATO can only do so much and it took a while before the EU stepped up to the plate, although it has been very supportive once it did. I'm not sure what role the Chinese are playing at present.........after all, they banned Premier League games because of the visual support for Ukraine.
China are potentially extremely important in this and could be the key player. Unfortunately they’re not doing anything at all other than sit on the fence trying to position themselves to cash in at the end.
As for our efforts, I’ve made my points on the threads on the politics forum and don’t want to divert this one.

It’s shameful reading this thread as many default to their usual of blaming the UK, blaming the government, feeling ashamed at anything and everything.

Meanwhile a massive twat and the most dangerous human being alive, Putin is laughing his cock off at you all because he has you all falling over yourself as you blame anything and everything but him.

I dunno, the debates that included the incompetence/compliance from our government is normally a few posts and over a page at most if it is relevent to the latest news, then it's back to the core topic, I haven't seen a sustained effort to direct the thread to general UK political chat.

In fact most comments are not even bothered with

Last edited:
Reactions: Ric
China are potentially extremely important in this and could be the key player. Unfortunately they’re not doing anything at all other than sit on the fence trying to position themselves to cash in at the end.
As for our efforts, I’ve made my points on the threads on the politics forum and don’t want to divert this one.
I think the main thing China did, allegedly, was asking putin to delay the invasion, oops sorry special project, until after the Winter Olympics

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.