Russian invasion of Ukraine

That's the thing, we are seeing these videos from an extreme western slant, we don't get a balanced idea of what is really happening across the board. I would say from what it appears to me that the russians are badly trained and ill equipped mostly but they just keep throwing numbers at it, hence the amount of casualties and munition damage, add into the mix that there are far more of them to get hit and they dont know the terrain. Good viewing if you're that way inclined.
From what we see, and the reports, we should be able to extrapolate the reality of the situation.

You are right, we do have to question opinion.

Not really, because we are part of nato so if they attack us they attack all nato, basically Sweden in NATO by proxy.
Not strictly true in all scenarios, if russia attacks sweden or finland and we go to their aid, then we are the agressors as we have attacked russia before we, or a NATO country has been attacked. Article 5 doesn't apply in that case. Bit of a strange move by Boris this

Not strictly true in all scenarios, if russia attacks sweden or finland and we go to their aid, then we are the agressors as we have attacked russia before we, or a NATO country has been attacked. Article 5 doesn't apply in that case. Bit of a strange move by Boris this
I do think it's a bit of saber rattling by us knowing full well both Sweden and Finland will be In nato very shortly.

Do we know the details of the agreement in that was it we would provide hardware as we are with Ukraine, or will we have boots on the ground?

I do think it's a bit of saber rattling by us knowing full well both Sweden and Finland will be In nato very shortly.

I'd like to think you're correct, but I'm not really sure what it achieves other than to further antagonise Putin and move the UK closer to the top of his shit list if it all does go pear shaped

Do we know the details of the agreement in that was it we would provide hardware as we are with Ukraine, or will we have boots on the ground?

Details seem very thin on the ground at the moment, but the Torygraph front page says "PM pledges to send British troops to Sweden or Finland to repel invasion"

Think we have seen in Ukraine that army strength has little to do with numbers these days, although I agree thats a small number. I assume thats all in? or is that fighting strength?

The UK attacking invading Russian forces in either of Sweden or Finland’s territory won’t be us being the aggressor or trigger a NATO response should Russia attack our forces in either Sweden or Finland territory. Should Russia attack the UK then it would trigger a collective NATO response.

Whilst I think it’s absolutely the right thing to do to support Finland and Sweden during their full transition in to NATO I do wonder if this guarantee is more likely to encourage some limited Russian aggression against Finland or Sweden to provoke a limited response from UK and have a better narrative in Russia for that **** Putin.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.