Russian invasion of Ukraine

Like I said in the beginning along with @Prestwich_Blue, anyone can be Billy big bollocks but it can only be resolved with diplomacy.
Never underestimate a fanatic. Putin has already signed an agreement to respect Ukraine’s borders and sovereignty. Much good that diplomacy did.
Don’t forget:”I have a piece of paper, signed by Mr. Hitler himself.” 1938, Peace in our time. Ha!

I wonder how many British people shared the the same sentiment in Iraq, Libya, Yemen, among a lot others?
I think you will be surprised how many, seems including yourself.

I don't know enough about the situations in Yemen and Libya, but we should never have entered Iraq.

Don't take this personally but I'm going to ignore any other comments from you on this subject, if you want to guage opinion on those, open another thread.

Never underestimate a fanatic. Putin has already signed an agreement to respect Ukraine’s borders and sovereignty. Much good that diplomacy did.
Don’t forget:”I have a piece of paper, signed by Mr. Hitler himself.” 1938, Peace in our time. Ha!
"Diplomacy" only happens when the invader gets what they want, or they get wiped out.

If these people weren't complete tunnel visioned psychopaths, the invasions would never happen the begin with.

"Diplomacy" only happens when the invader gets what they want, or they get wiped out.

If these people weren't complete tunnel visioned psychopaths, the invasions would never happen the begin with.
There is a modern school of thought in foreign affairs who refer to themselves as Realists. The doyen is Prof John Mearsheimer of Chicago University. He says it is inevitable and desirable that the war will be brought to an end when diplomacy secures territory for Russia and that will end their demands in Europe.
The naïveté is stunning.

There is a modern school of thought in foreign affairs who refer to themselves as Realists. The doyen is Prof John Mearsheimer of Chicago University. He says it is inevitable and desirable that the war will be brought to an end when diplomacy secures territory for Russia and that will end their demands in Europe.
The naïveté is stunning.
See "Appeasement".

And for how well it works at making dictators stop and definitely never continue to invade and expand, see your earlier example.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.