Russian invasion of Ukraine

That's often said so,
but I fail to name one single war that was ended by diplomacy.
Both sides being fully exhausted, maybe some. Diplomacy? Nope.

Putin's system wants to be superior and CAN'T accept compromises,
Ukraine defend their right to exist and won't trust Russia for decades.
The west can't risk to let Russia take Ukraine.

If the russian system stays in power, this will be a very long story.
Can I ask what the Russian system means ?? Imposing western ideals failed in Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam, Korea, many many other countries.. there is so much history to learn about..it is not just about the west and the commies.. having been caught up in this family wise, I promise you, most people do not want a war..How many people die before they sit around a table and sort it..it will happen..why on earth can politicians not do it before the war starts..there will be a peace one day but just think about how many people die before they do it..this is Europe, supposedly a civilised part of the world. I believe the argument it has never happened before does not mean it can not happen now. There has to be a first time.

Can I ask what the Russian system means ?? Imposing western ideals failed in Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam, Korea, many many other countries.. there is so much history to learn about..it is not just about the west and the commies.. having been caught up in this family wise, I promise you, most people do not want a war..How many people die before they sit around a table and sort it..it will happen..why on earth can politicians not do it before the war starts..there will be a peace one day but just think about how many people die before they do it..this is Europe, supposedly a civilised part of the world. I believe the argument it has never happened before does not mean it can not happen now. There has to be a first time.
Putin was hell bent on invasion
There were huge diplomatic efforts when the Russians were building up their forces on the borders
If you think there weren't serious attempts to stop the invasion you must be living in a cave

You know Putin wanted to join NATO..George Baker promised after the Berlin wall fell NATO would not take a step further east..Yes, but that was the USSR not Russia so the expansion continued.My family is from Belarus. The highest death rate for a nation in WW2..Just understand.. I am not all pro Russia..if you read my posts you will see the communists sent my family to Siberia...you must understand the ingrained history and mentality..All I ask for is some peace.

You know Putin wanted to join NATO..George Baker promised after the Berlin wall fell NATO would not take a step further east..Yes, but that was the USSR not Russia so the expansion continued.My family is from Belarus. The highest death rate for a nation in WW2..Just understand.. I am not all pro Russia..if you read my posts you will see the communists sent my family to Siberia...you must understand the ingrained history and mentality..All I ask for is some peace.

Here we go another Putin bootlicker. Fuck Russia the shit on the shoe of Europe.

.why on earth can politicians not do it before the war starts..there will be a peace one day but just think about how many people die before they do it..
They did. The Russia-Ukraine treaty was signed by both parties in 1997. It was agreed, inter alia that Ukraine’s borders and territorial integrity would by respected.
The Budapest agreement a few years later provided security guarantees to back up the treaty. It was signed by Russia, Ukraine, UK, USA.
When there was a huge build up of Russian forces on the Ukraine border a year ago, Putin said it was just a military exercise and did not threaten Ukraine.
Yet Russia invaded.
If you sit down with Putin, he is lying. Who will trust him again? Would you?
The first bit of diplomacy needed now is the ousting of Putin.

I’m sure George baker’s promise assumed that Russia wouldn’t be re-expanding via conflict.
The conflicts of Georgia, chechenia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, the ‘peace keepers’ of Transnistria, the annexation of Crimea, and the full bloody invasion of ukraine, supported by the puppet dictator of Belarus, would suggest that maybe the countries to the right of the old iron curtain feel rather threatened about imperialistic, fascist Putin led Russia? And have been forced , purely by the decades actions of Russian expansion and aggression, to seek security.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.