Russian invasion of Ukraine

The reality is very little has changed. He is threatening nukes but who does he fire them at?

His army out number the Ukrainians but they are poorly trained, lack disciple and are badly managed on the ground. Adding more soldiers who don't want to be there won't change that. And they won't get there any time soon.

So the trajectory of the war remains, the Russians will continue to hold but at great cost, the Ukrainians will continue to fight but without the numbers to finish this anytime soon.
They don't outnumber the Ukrainian armed fiorce at the moment. Maybe when 300k are trained up. But not yet.

Interesting take from the ex British Ambassador to Russia this morning who felt his speech was a desperate attempt at a threat designed to get everyone round the table so he can get out of the mess he has found himself.

Maybe it's time to spread the rumour that we may lend/lease Ukraine a Trident nuclear submarine if Russian uses nukes?
Putin may think that the West would do nothing if he used a tactical nuclear weapon, but I doubt that he would feel the same way about a Ukrainian nuclear submarine crew.
We should start training immediately and I'm sure that Ukraine still has knowledgeable people who have experience with all aspects of nuclear weapon systems. :)
Crikey!

If it’s resources they want, taking Taiwan would be a poor move. Much better to reclaim Vladivostok and all of the surrounding areas that were ceded to Russia in the 1800s following the Treaty of Peking. The area is mineral rich including lots of rare Earth metals.
What a wheeze!

Sorry if it's off topic but does anyone think putin would have done this, invade Ukraine, if donald trump was president?

Yeah of course, Trump wanted to kill Nato and at the start of this openly called Putin a total genius for invading.

If Trump was in power the US would be sitting back watching from afar not getting involved at all.

Yeah of course, Trump wanted to kill Nato and at the start of this openly called Putin a total genius for invading.

If Trump was in power the US would be sitting back watching from afar not getting involved at all.
I think it would be worse, as tucker carlson said "why not root for Russia". Trump would have stood back but also supported Russia and urged others not to get involved. It would have been Ukraine first and then on to the next former soviet block democracy.

I don't see why it would have made a difference.

The (US) response might have been very different, that I can imagine.
Sorry if it's off topic but does anyone think putin would have done this, invade Ukraine, if donald trump was president?

I think he’s done it because of Trump, Trump was all for “America alone” America first, the withdrawal from Afghanistan made the world look weak. That’s what I think but in the end we don’t know. China watching closely so we have to help Ukraine to succeed however hard energy prices are

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.