Russian invasion of Ukraine

I think the problem he faces is making himself the common enemy of 'democracy' in a way maybe even Al Qeda failed to do so. He unites centre right and centre left against him. The extremes that came to the fore previously are the ones demurring. They're beginnning to look like anarchists. Unless there is another chapter in this playbook I think he's succumbed to both recency & attribution biases. i.e.; beginners luck, and the echo chamber. As we've seen in the UK, parties can move alarmingly 'right'. Then they go too far, and fall off the electability spectrum. He was lucky that Trump and Boris, both incredibly gifted populist illusionists, were able to keep the game going as long as they did.

It looks like China may be playing him out of his mind and out of the game, whilst they proceed to spread economic and political influence peacefully.
Indeed. And it was Putin who helped to push the rise of the extremes in the West with all the Russian online bots over the last two decades infiltrating Western social media, stirring shit.

Yet he’s now uniting the silent vast-majority in the centre.

Evening Update - Lyman Squeeze:
Since Siberia isn’t part of the historical fatherland, give it back to the Siberians then Vlad.

Despite having a live coverage feed of events in Russia all day long I very much doubt it takes them 3 days to report something that’s factually happened

I’m not knocking this thread or even the majority of Twitter stuff - I can appreciate both
Sorry to disappoint you, but it is a fact proven of the frankly shocking BBC coverage of this war. All ye established media outlets are not much better mind, being at least a day behind but there you are.
Another dreadful aspect of our media's performance is the effect on our media's decades of being wined and dined by Russian influencers has had on their objectivity. This is clearly part of Russia's hybrid warfare strategy along with the troll farms in online comments and social media. This means that If the Russians anounce something about the war, it is taken by many media outlets as virtual gospel when it should be treated as something that needs investigation for publishing. They have a tendancy to swallow Russian propaganda hook line and sinker. It is often so much of a "really?" moment that I suspect many media hacks are on retainers as some if it it so blatantly "placed", but there you go.

Last edited:
wooooah... back off .

You clearly haven't seen my support of the BBC over many years - or haven't remembered 'JASR' and the positivie stuff I've posted, and I'm happy to fund it via a license fee.

The BBC Sport crap/bias for red shirts/against City will get my ire. The rest of the sport reportage is AFAIK, fine.
The BBC News will get my ire for dumbing down to the levels of the Daily Mail, by chasing for clicks/likes/re-links and having a race to the bottom by following a celebrity focused guideline.

The BBC was set up to inform the nation, it wasn't setup to talk crap about a DJ leaving Radio 2.

Edit; two other main news headlines are - Sue barker left QoS in a bad way, and Genesis sold their back catalog for 200m… I mean wtf is all that to do with News headlines? Tv and celebrity headlines .. at a stretch maybe
There was a week last year where I was at home isolating and had BBC News on while I was working. Every hour, without fail, it had an update on Johnny Depp’s court case.

Of all the things going on around the world BBC News thought that was something we needed hourly updates on!

Ah to go back to the innocent early pages of this thread when we were told that the whole invasion stuff was bollocks and just Johnson and Biden trying to make people forget about other stuff.

It’S nAtO’s FaUlT

There was a week last year where I was at home isolating and had BBC News on while I was working. Every hour, without fail, it had an update on Johnny Depp’s court case.

Of all the things going on around the world BBC News thought that was something we needed hourly updates on!
Al Jazeera and CNN leave the BBC standing, The BBC dropped Ukraine like a hot brick to broadcast the tory leadership soap opera same with Sky news, i couldnt think of two worse ever news presenters than Burley and munchetty

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.