Russian invasion of Ukraine

As that article states, Putin can fire tactical nukes as a time of his choosing, but he cannot control what the outcome for himself and Russia would be.
That article was a long read with lots of unsavoury possibilities, but I actually felt encouraged when I read that key quote at the end.

Although not all experts were agreed, it seemed the consensus was that if Putin fired a tactical nuke, the response from the US would be (or at least should be) measured, specific and based on maintaining the moral high ground - effectively letting the world see how Putin has burned all his bridges.

That article was a long read with lots of unsavoury possibilities, but I actually felt encouraged when I read that key quote at the end.

Although not all experts were agreed, it seemed the consensus was that if Putin fired a tactical nuke, the response from the US would be (or at least should be) measured, specific and based on maintaining the moral high ground - effectively letting the world see how Putin has burned all his bridges.
Yup, and Russia would obviously be untenable as part of UN security council, veto gone. Finally!

This is great, fuck the authorities that banned it to start with though

Interesting seeing the reasoning behind it when looking into it. a few things added up to a local ruling,

1) Z, the showing of a Z was banned as a sign of supporting Russia, so the fact it will have a Z on it was one issue.
2) Didn't want to show something that people will have died in.
3) (and this one is bollocks) the council didn't want to show something that could influence foreign policy.....

Right. Russians are genetic freaks.

Seriously, if there's one lesson history tells us, it's that people are the same everywhere. Britons are not exceptional. Black people are not inferior.

If you put the UK population in the same environment and with the same history as the Russians, we'd behave in the same way.

Demonising the average Russian as subhuman is exactly what the Russian leadership has been doing to Ukrainians. It doesn't end well.

DNA was certainly the wrong term, their national psychology better reflects what I meant.

Raping and murdering folk isn’t normal, when it’s carried out on an industrial scale you’ve got to ask yourself what the “average” Russian is really like. They’ve got form here, doing the same in Berlin from 1945 onwards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.